Chapter 4

Screenwriting might be hard, but sometimes I didn't have to overthink about the difficulties of Korean and Vietnamese. If 5 colors rose up from the mud, then I must rise up from the darkness of all my life. The reason why is because this was my first time writing the script so I didn't want to be confused. Then, I decided to go to the Bold Star fashion company, where Hari Won was doing the photoshoot and currently on the break. I came to her seat and asked, "Hari annyeong. Soomin-ibnida."

        Hari Won turned to me and said, "Oh Soomin. You're so prettier and healthier I can't recognize you. Do you still have diarrhea?" I giggled and said, "Not anymore, unnie. I feel totally better and I want to ask you a favor."
"What favor?"
Then I pulled up the unfinished script and showed it to her, "This is my script for Việt Quang's upcoming music video, Họa Tâm. I need your help to complete because I know you speak both Korean and Vietnamese fluently. Besides, will you play the role of Cinderella's nice stepmother for the music video? This is my first time writing the script and I only write Korean and English quotes." Hari Won noticed the Cinderella concept so she nodded her head yes and ready to begin her screenwriting work with me. This time, Hari Won wrote the Vietnamese quotes.

        Scene 1 showed Cindy, who was busying with her homework and chores, and her stepmother told her to eat something before continuing her work. Scene 2 described the stepsisters who kept begging Cindy to go to the ball, and when Cindy finished her work and felt tired, her stepmother had an extra help, hoping Cindy had a new dress and a limousine to go to the ball. Scene 3 took place in the ball and then there's a bond between Cindy and Kini, who's also the Prince Charming, until the clock strikes 12, and Cindy loses the glass slipper. And Scene 4, the final scene, when Cindy tried the slipper on, and lived happily ever after with Kini. Something special that I noticed during the screenwriting process was when she asked to address "chị, em" for the stepsisters, "mẹ, con" and so many more so that the music video would look more modernized.

        And when we finished the whole entire script, we gave each other some high fives for our teamwork. Before leaving, I handed the finished script to Hari Won and said, "Thanks for helping me complete the script. Remember to give this script to the director and asked him if he approves it or not. Don't forget the filming locations." Hari Won gave me an OK sign and said, "OK, no problemo. Contact me if you need anything. I'll be ready to serve. Bye-bye!" I also said goodbye with a friendly tone. 18 minutes later, I took a shower to prepare everything special for tonight.