Chapter 5

I took the taxi cab and headed to the NHP Recording Studio, where I met another special artist, Jun Phạm, who was recording the new version of Ngũ Sắc, composed by Ngọc Đại. Thanks to the permission of the security guard, I arrived at the studio and listened to Jun's new lyrics, also with the permission from the original composer, such as "Chống lại đi, đồng bào ơi! Súng lục bắn đạn đi, đồng bào ơi," or maybe "Bạn ơi, huynh ơi, hỡi ơi, nỏ thần đây!" Those lyrics reminded me of the Vietnam War and the legend of the magic crossbow, which was also the initial MV plan Việt Quang told me at the Bunny coffee shop. After he finished recording, I clapped my hands and praised his singing.

        During the break, Jun Phạm came to me and said, "Hi, Soomin. I knew you've come to see me and thanks for listening to my new song." I smiled and said, "No problem, Jun. It's nice to see you, too. I admired your singing so much!" Jun shook his head, couldn't resist my aegyo and also asked, "What brings you here?"
"I'm here to tell you that Việt Quang will make a music video for his new song called Họa Tâm. It will be the modern Cinderella story, so I was wondering if you can be in his music video as the recurring character. Besides, I will play the female lead," I stroked my hair as I improved my eye contact. After thinking a few minutes, Jun Phạm slowly nodded and said, "Ah, Cinderella. It sounds generally good for me. This is not a dream, is it? Slap me."
"It's not a dream," and I slap him once although it didn't hurt that much. Jun touched his cheek and little bit and knew it's enough to be in the music video.

        That evening, Việt Quang was on the meeting with the director and the film crew, discussing about the MV for Họa Tâm. He also showed the director the script written by me and Hari Won, which was approved by him. The director also told Việt Quang that although I was the newbie of screenwriting, but he thought I was good at it besides acting. They also discussed about the filming locations, as well as the background of the MV. At the end, they shook each other's hands and hoped for their successful MV. On his way home, he tried to call me on my phone, and the ringtone on my phone chimed at the same time.

        The ringtone rang, starting with the lyrics, "Because you know I'm all about that bass, 'bout that bass, no treble," and I picked up and said, "Alô, anh Quang hả?" Việt Quang responded back and said, "Yes, Soomin. I just finished the conference with the film crew. They agreed to film the music video, starting tomorrow in Hồ Tràm. And you, does anyone agree to be in the MV?" I responded as I was on the bed, "Yes, at least 2 minutes. I convinced Hari and Jun and they're down with their recurring roles. You know, everyone has its own road to the finish line. And now, I'm also preparing for my clothes for the filming. The problem is that I'm concerned for gowns..."
Việt Quang chuckled, "Don't worry, little girl. I will prepare some for you. The important thing is that you have to exhibit and control your poises. Um, it's 11pm, so have some sleep and we'll see each other tomorrow in Hồ Tràm."
"OK, good night and I hope you have sweet dreams. Don't forget to dream of me," I yawned goodbye and hung up the phone before it's bedtime.