Death Pact?

A/N

Hey guys, even though this is a fan fiction it consumes a lot of my time & energy. So, I'd really appreciate it if you guys leave a like or a comment :)

And if there's any corrections or errors, feel free to inform.

🪄🪄🪄

Defences against ghosts:-

The three principle defenses, in order of effectiveness are silver, iron and salt.

All such defences were considered temporary. Used directly on an active ghost, they would generally succeed driving it back or causing it to temporarily dematerialise. However only containing or eliminating the ghost's source or eliminating their reason for remaining in the world of the living in the first place would truly banish their presence.

Silver is generally used by agencies as a chain net to subdue a source with. Presumably the relative rarity of silver prevented it from being used as a more widespread defense.

Iron is a strong and commonly used defense. Agents have iron rapiers and chains, while the public uses iron wards, in their homes as iron plates around their house and doorways, as well as a variety of other uses.

Salt is primarily used by agents in salt bombs or to scatter on a source.

Lavender's smell is effective against ghosts, mostly the weaker ones.

Other defenses include curfew and Ghost-lamps. Curfew is enforced by the British government, and begins shortly before nightfall. Agents conducting an active operation are exempted from curfew. Ghost-lamps are extremely bright street lamps installed in heavily-populated areas. Running water is also effective against ghosts.

🪄🪄🪄

It was Valerie's first mission at the agency

It was Valerie's first mission at the agency. George Karim was late so Anthony had suggested they go on without the boy.

They stood outside 62 Sheen Road. Mrs Hope the owner of the coral house appeared, "are you from the agency?"

"Mrs Hope, I'm Anthony Lockwood. This is my colleague Valerie Klein. We've come about your problem. Would you care to show us inside?"

"Oh no, I don't set foot in there. Not since my husband passed. The disturbances have been very persistent. I'm going to sell it but it needs fixing first," the old lady who looked like she was in her mid 80's explained.