The Hallmark.

A/N:

Lockwood & Co won't be renewing for season 2. It's upsetting because this series have so much potential, those over hyped shows are always renewed & rare gems like these aren't. Sigh!

🪄🪄🪄

When Anthony Lockwood and Valerie Klein returned, they found George Karim tied up and Annabel Ward's ring missing from the box

When Anthony Lockwood and Valerie Klein returned, they found George Karim tied up and Annabel Ward's ring missing from the box. Little did the boys know, that Annabel's ring wasn't missing, instead it was with Valerie she'd taken the pendant with her to communicate with the ghost once again and what the thief had lifted wasn't the real ring, it was a fake. When the boys found out the truth they were in utter disbelief, that the girl has outsmarted them again.

Now, George put the ring inside a silver glass box so that they could safely examine it. They found out that the intruder was after the ring because of the hallmarks. H 22 115.

"Maybe H for Hugo?" Valerie flipped through the old novel they'd borrowed from the library.

"That's what I thought. But who was the other big 'H' in Annabel's life?" George turned to her adjusting his glasses, "act 2 scene 2."

"Doubt thou the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move, doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love." She thumbed through the pages, "this is it. The hallmark's a love letter."

"This is the most romantic thing ever but turned into a tragedy...I guess that's why Annabel wanted me to take the ring. It proves she and Hugo were together. That has to be enough to put him away. Right?"

"You always put romance where there shouldn't be Val," Anthony gazed at the girl, who's kinda obsessed with dark romance or he thought so. "And no, it doesn't prove anything. So they were together. But that isn't evidence he murdered her."

Valerie let out a deep sigh, Anthony maybe right.

"The ring is going in the safe and I'm keeping hold of the key because, well, you can't be trusted."

"But it's her source." She pouted not wanting to let the ring slip her side.

"Which you stole illegally."

"If I haven't, the thief would've...so I've done you a favour by stealing it." She stated the obvious.

"So now stealing is a thing for you?"

"Hmm, maybe I'll steal something else from you Lockwood." A light smirk passed her beautiful face.