Silent like Deep Water.

Anton's Pizzeria, the sign read

Anton's Pizzeria, the sign read. It was a small pizza place next to the train tracks. After they came out of the library Anthony Lockwood disappeared down the street in a grumpy mood, mentioning he'd something important to do. So George and Valerie ended up at a pizza place.

The girl took another bite of the gooey cheese pizza, George was peering at the pizza box as if in deep though. Even though he'd been a jerk to her at the start, now, she knew the reason why the boy had acted that way; he really didn't want someone in the house whom he couldn't trust and he was an introvert who didn't like being around people.

"Casper," she broke the silence, "you've always lived here?"

The boy adjusted his glasses. "Zone five. Much nicer and safer."

"Why'd you leave?"

"Mum and dad are lovely but I couldn't stay. They had four kids. Engineer. Engineer. Engineer. Weirdo."

She could feel the disappointment in his voice, she'd been in his shoes. "Hey, you're not a weirdo. You're the smartest person I know."

George looked up at her, she was wiping her mouth with a tissue. He recalled the first night where, she'd consumed all the peanut butter cookies from the jar. Anthony and he would have one each during tea break and that'll last them a week but this girl was a cookie hoarding dragon. "I got fired by Fittes. Did Lockwood tell you?"

"No!"

"Really? He tells you everything, I'm surprised."

"Lockwood doesn't tell me everything, you're just being dramatic." She quoted with her fingers.

"Hmm," he leaned back, "they fired me for asking too many questions, visting floors above my pay grade."

"George Casper Karim! I'm shocked."

"Don't worry, I took the skull as compensation." He admitted proudly.

George didn't look or act like the rebellious kind and Valerie was very impressed. Hidden depts. "So, do you think, we're being lied to about everything?"

"Of course," he nodded. "But by who and why? And what can we do about it."

"I had this friend who was convinced that none of it made sense. How the Problem started, how it spread, how it only seems to get worse, no matter what we do. Well he's dead now. Maybe, he's got all the answers on the other side."

"Is that why you came to London?"

"No," she shook head lightly, "but we were all on the same job. It went wrong. Horribly..." she gasped, "I don't want to talk about it."