Drowned with Daisies.

They gathered at the Lockwood library, drew the curtains, moved the furnitures and made the room as dim and spacious as possible

Anthony Lockwood hated the idea but he just couldn't say no, she has a hold on him. Valerie sat on a mahogany chair, her fingers arranging her dark hair. "You absolutely sure?" He asked her again.

"Yes. Yes I am." She exhaled. "Don't worry about me." He'd asked her the very same question for about a dozen time in the last ten minutes.

If only she knew. "If Annabel takes any liberties, we're right here, okay?" He pressed the ring on her soft palm, "please, please be careful Val."

His steps were heavy as he moved towards George, who was eagerly ready with a notepad and a pen. The boy eyes were wide behind his glasses, like he was about to witness a miracle of some sort. But if this goes through, they were. That didn't ease the unrest in Anthony's mind.

Valerie gazed at the boys for some seconds George was observing her like a hawk, the tip of his pen pressed on the notepad. Anthony brows were furrowed, there was an unease in his eyes. She slowly closed her eyes gripping the ring, "it's okay Annabel." She whispered to the ghost of Annabel Ward, "it's safe."

For a moment there was nothing and then—she could hear a soft music playing in the background. She saw the lovely Annabel Ward alive and smiling wearing a yellow dress. "There's a song playing in the room. Annabel loves it." She let out a soft chuckle, "it's their song."

🎶 Well I know a place where love comes easy
And I know a woman who meets me there
She takes my hand, and gently leads me
And we go up to the ro-oo-om at the top of the stairs. 🎶
The room at the top of the stairs by Eddie Rabbit.

"Who's they?" George asked curiously but Anthony shushed him. Valerie was beaming, he has never seen her so happy before. It was like, she was reliving the moment herself.

"She's so happy." Valerie smiled as she saw Annabel dancing to the music, a man in navy sat on the couch his back to Valerie. "She loves him. She's dancing to the song. He's watching her." The girl slowly stood up and walked towards Anthony. "He wants her, but it's just...uh..." she gasped.

"What is it?" Anthony asked concerned.

"He's angry," Valerie's crimson eyes met his dark eyes, "jealous! She's afraid." Then she starts to laugh, "it's alright..." she pulls Anthony close, "he loves me." She was in a trance. "You love me, don't you?"

The boy was unable to speak was Annabel controlling Valerie? Now they were touching, they'd never been this close before yet so far. "You gave me the ring. He'd never hurt me. He'd never..." her angelic eyes began to tear up.