-- CHAPTER 12: Thetis

FANFICTION SECTION

Made by: Avery!

________________________________________________________________________________

You're standing in the pool with Wilbur sitting on one of the chairs on the side, where he's reading a book as he's started doing Monday. From time to time, you'll shoot a glance towards him, nervous in his company, but not once has he looked at you even once. He's just absolutely captivated by the story, apparently.

Wilbur's started accompanying you here, because Dream was, according to him, constantly bothering him with questions regarding the decision to allow you to spend time here, so he too felt as though he had to get out of that situation. Right after Dream caught the two of you leaving the building after Wilbur caught you there, after all, he made him promise that he wouldn't tell anyone anything. However, Dream made it seem as though that was only logical for him to do, so you suppose there was never something to beware of there.

"Dream insists to be the one washing your bathing suit too, as odd as that is," Wilbur had told you, his words putting you off and making you feel extremely vulnerable. "I told him you wanted to do it yourself, though. With the assumption that still stands." Despite Wilbur offering to do it for you, you didn't feel comfortable to allow him to. And well, he didn't complain either. Instead he sighed relieved.

"What are you reading?" you then decide to ask, walking towards the edge of the pool after your hours of staring and floating and fully relaxing. What you've noticed, is that every time he comes with you, he has another book in his hands. The first one was something by Edgar Allen Poe, the second book was some historical fiction you'd never heard of. You have no clue what this one is about.

Wilbur looks up, his eyes falling on you just above his book, as he lets out a soft chuckle. "The Labyrinth. It's about these people who get stuck in a maze and have to solve puzzles and such to get out of it, losing their teammates along the way. I'm towards the ending now, and it seems like they missed the exit."

"Never heard of it," you bluntly respond at which Wilbur laughs, stretching his neck afterwards. "Pain in the neck or something?" you ask at the movement which he's been making the entire time already, but he simply brushes it off. With a sharp sigh, he just explains to you that he probably sleeps in some wrong position or something.

While he continues his reading, you get out of the pool, ready to switch your swimming suit for your pyjamas, as you approach the changing rooms, when you realize you forgot your robotic arm, which still lies on one of the chairs. However, as you return to the main room of the building, you quickly find that Wilbur has stood up from his own chair, now sitting at the edge of the pool with only his feet in the water.

You know that he's been stressed. Even if he doesn't say it out loud at the table, it's evident that everything has been a lot on him. His shoulders are tense, as is his jaw, and he's constantly been sighing and huffing. Besides, not Sally, nor Fundy, have been making it easy for him since last Friday. It was hard to ignore the way his eyes darken whenever Sally treats you with such compassion, or when Fundy smiles so brightly at the idea of spending time with you, neither of which ever seem to happen to him. To add to this, you're aware via Fundy of how terrible things have been at work. With Sapnap and George working on some secret project about which he could tell very little, those two often come into his office to rapport either positive progress or terrible incidents that happened. And with the leading group of the City now having decided to converse at the DeMeter building more often, he also has to deal with Schlatt's bullshit.

Though, to be honest, being closely in contact with any type of governing body is exhausting, and you know how much so.

"You okay?" Instead of walking directly towards your prosthetic limb, you decide that it wouldn't be too bad for you to talk a bit with Wilbur, right? It's not like anything ever came from just talking to him other than a load of trauma and no payment of his for your therapy.