--- CHAPTER 25: Alfarinn

Sally's walking with her suitcases and all over the sidewalk in the suburbs, not even having given Wilbur the satisfaction of watching her leave. It's midnight, the moon is shining and stars are hidden behind thick clouds. Sally's said goodbye to Fundy, of course. Her son still is not happy with her leaving him, but she promised her son that she'll send letters. And with a last kiss on his forehead, she left him behind there, in the mansion, with his father.

Sally also wanted to tell you goodbye, but you were nowhere to be found. Either you were with Wilbur, on your own, or not inside the house at all. But whatever it is, as much as she cares for you, it is not her problem right now. If something happens to you, it'll be Wilbur's fault. And his downfall is what she prays on.

The Devil's Bridge comes in her vision, where Technoblade promised to pick her up, if he's made sure nobody else is watching. She was promised a place in the Syndicate: she may not be an anarchist, but she will make her husband pay for all that he took away from her.

Her eyes scan the environment, seeing nobody but the shadow of a figure on the Devil's bridge. However, it doesn't match the silhouette Technoblade would have or ever take on.

"Y/N?" Sally asks confusedly, as she approaches the Bridge. Your face turns towards her, your eye reflecting the light of the universe in a millisecond. Like an owl in the forest, you look at her, your robotic arm on the wall of the bridge, the other one hanging next to your body, almost paralyzed. "Sweetie, what are you doing here, it's the middle of the night."

"I couldn't sleep," you shrug. "I thought I'd go for a walk. Clear my mind."

"The walk to there is pretty far though, don't you agree? I think it's best for you to return home, Y/N-"

"What is home truly, though? It's not that mansion. It's not here. My home has burnt down in the fire I myself lit. My home is far away from here, a place that's by long been destroyed, if not by me, by the monsters I left behind there." A sigh leaves your lips. "This is the only place that still seems at least a little the same. The only thing that feels familiar." You chuckle. "Familiarity. What a joke. I'm chasing that what I sought to flee. I'm just... running in circles, looking for what used to be, now that it's out of reach. I'm never going to be satisfied with myself, huh?"

"You're just confused, dear," Sally says, approaching you as she puts her arm around you, almost as if she's shielding you from the cold. "You're ill, freezing, and far from your bed. Why don't I get you back safely, yeah?" From that moment, Sally starts praying Wilbur doesn't wake up and realize your absence.

"Oh, no, Sally, I'm not confused at all. My mind has never been clearer." You push yourself away from her touch, from her warmth, returning to the icy breeze you know so well. Putting your hands on your arms, you look at the ground, refusing any help, despite Sally knowing full well that walking around on bare feet, in your pyjamas, isn't going to do anything good for your health. "I can try to write the beginning however I want, but the ending will always be the same. No matter who I love. No matter who loves me." You look up to the stars. "No matter whom I doom with the role of the victim. The ending is always the same."

Then, your face turns to her: a numb expression on that dying face, the smile painted there being nothing but an act. "Y/N, you're not making any sense. Please, really, we should just get you back so you can get some sleep."

"I never sleep. I just postpone my death." A sigh leaves her lips. "It may sound edgy to you, I know. But when sleep is replaced by... the most horrifying memories that have been haunting you ever since they happened... Well, it's not sleep anymore. It's just the figure reminding you he's there, around the corner, waiting for you to turn your back to him, so he may take you down to Hell."