--- CHAPTER 22: Protesilaus

FANART SECTION
The President
By: Number1MenLover

__________________________________________________________

The white lights are shining down on the water, and now that other people are in the pool, you're suddenly less inclined to jump in it. Everybody is there. Sapnap is constantly going down the most terrifying waterslides, whilst George moodily goes with him, not seeming too thrilled by the excitement it should give him. Dream stands by the side, keeping watch on everything and everyone, whilst Tommy and Tubbo are playing tag in the pool with the generated waves. Ranboo is standing by the side uncertainly, watching curiously, for his body wouldn't be able to handle water the way that the other people do. Karl is throwing a beach ball to Quackity, both of whom sometimes attempt throwing it at their fiancé, whenever he comes out of another slide. Niki is relaxing in the hot-up, and Bad is sitting aside with a book, Jared sitting next to him, next to whom Schlatt is lying as well, with sunglasses on, as if sunlight would reach his body here. Sam and Ponk are swimming together calmly, no urgency in their movements.

Wilbur has been sitting on the side with his feet in the water, while Sally and Fundy are swimming nearby, the fox floating on a beach ball and Sally having taken a few dives again and again. There are more, but they all seem to be swimming in the pool outside, which is attached to the rest which you can observe. Charlie, you're pretty sure, is just lying in the grass there, disappointed that the water has chlorine in it. And you believe that Puffy and Eret are taking walks in the waters there, though they may also be at the pool for children, so Puffy can keep an eye on the young kid she adopted.

And you've just constantly been standing there. Feeling exposed, with your rashes already having been pitied on by everybody present. With your feet barely over the edge, you've just been staring down at the water, wanting to jump in and enjoy the calm you've so many times felt in Wilbur's pool, but being stopped by the idea of sharing the water with the most vile people you've ever met. And that, while most of them – these versions, at least – have not harmed you in the slightest!

You're scared to be infected. Infected by what, you don't know, but ever since seeing Aimsey again, your mind has been driving off the rails. You've constantly been feeling as though you're falling. Sam asked you about it. "Are you okay?" he asked, putting his hand on your bare and affected shoulder, there were your skin was slowly deteriorating. "You look like you're not quite mentally present, Y/N." You felt oddly disgusted. Memories flew back, and an uncontrollable snarl had left your lips, instead of a more light and grateful answer you would've liked to give.

"As if you'd care about that kind of shit to begin with, dickhead," you'd said, in a tone that you can only associate with one demon, who's always awaiting their moment, inside of you. You'd seen how his eyes widened, shocked by the unexpected hostility, an interesting antithesis in the face of his empathy. But you hadn't followed it up, when Ponk had shouted for Sam that they should play the game of who'd swim the fastest.

Karl too had approached you, with the same dislike that you've experienced with him. "I know we're not friends or anything, but Sapnap and I noticed you weren't jumping in. Weren't you the one to suggest this whole thing?" Sapnap, upon hearing the harsh words, had come too, and apologized for his lover's hardness, though shared that he too had concerns regarding your emotional absence. You'd simply said you weren't feeling well for some reason, and that you'd likely drank something you shouldn't have, at which you returned to staring into your own distorted reflection.

Niki had asked you to come and relax with her in the hot-up. You'd refused, scared to be burnt by the warm water.

George had insulted you before recommending to try out the mildest slide, so you'd get some distracted. You'd refused, fearful a portal would open and take you back, right to the world you destroyed.