--- CHAPTER 23: Cassandra

"For fuck's sake, Sally, is this what you're upset about? The Blood God was there. At the pool, with some of the most powerful people present, and you're over here, complaining about how I'm apparently cheating on you with Y/N? People could've died today."

"Oh please, don't act as if you care. If Y/N had been shot, you would've only given a fuck about it for a week or so, so you could get that sympathy from everyone."

"Why don't the two of you calm down? Leave the room, clear your mind. I'll make sure Y/N is safe."

"Oh please, as if you're not on Wilbur's side. Don't attempt to be all holy and good, Dream, I know of your perverse malfunctions. You're just like your creator, do you know that?"

"God, Sally, don't change the subject! Are you even realizing the seriousness of this whole situation? You realize you too could've died, right?"

"I realize I would not have died, Wilbur. Who the fuck do you think told him we were there today?!"

A silence follows.

"Sally... How did you even get into contact with him, if I may ask? Why didn't you tell any of us? You could've prevented a lot of agony to happen."

"Yeah, as if this bitch cares for that agony anyway, right? You're only complaining about the actions I committed, but you're refusing to even do as much as acknowledge the absolute hypocrisy! You're just in love with Y/N as I am, Sal, and I think that that's the reason you're angry with me, isn't it?"

"You really expect me to get angry over a little crush alone? No, Wil. I am not just angry at you for that. I am furious at you for everything. These years that I spent with you – married to you, but also just in your very company – are the wasted years of my life, and I'll never get that back." A small pause. "You ruined me."

Another silence.

"If that's how you feel about me, then I won't argue. But your personal feelings towards me, are not an excuse for you to bring actual lives in danger, so don't try to play the victim here, because of what I apparently did to you."

"Apparently? Apparently, Wilbur!? You know that I've been miserable, and yet it was you who kept on refusing to accept to a freaking divorce because of the most pathetic excuses I've heard. How can you prioritize your reputation and your company over my – and god knows yours too – suffering?! Are you really surprised that, since I'm not allowed to divorce you, I would seek more drastic ways to finally get rid of you? I despise you. No, even that's an understatement." She sighs. "This wasn't some silly decision of mine which I didn't think through. Because, trust me, it was more thought through than any thought you've ever had. I'd been fantasizing each night about your demise, and if I tell you that you alone would've been the victim, that's a promise, but of course, you had to fuck it up."

"I had to fuck it up!? Are you ignoring the whole part of Y/N losing their consciousness after meeting the Blood God?"

"And maybe, if you had just succeeded in killing yourself instead, they would've never been a victim of your cursed soul."

"Realistically speaking, Y/N would've lost their consciousness there regardless of the circumstances."

"Shut up, Dream. You're only saying that because you know I'm right. You're vermin, Wilbur. And I'm not the only one to have this opinion. If your own son gets to the point of wanting to kill you, along with your wife? You're the problem. These are just the consequences to your actions."

"I wouldn't call these consequences, Sally; this is some petty and truly evil revenge you're imposing on me!"

"You're really pushing my buttons right now."