--- CHAPTER 21: Mr Hyde

It's pouring cats and dogs as Sally is waiting on the Devil's Bridge in the middle of the night, an umbrella protecting her from the rain. A deep sigh leaves her lips as she's watching the moon and stars twinkle, daydreaming about her true love standing next to her, holding her hand, and whispering sweet nothings. However, as unfortunate as it may be, it's nothing but her imagination.

"You wanted to speak to me?" a familiar voice then sounds, as she turns around to face the piglin in disguise. She can't help but hum annoyedly.

"You surely took your sweet time, Technoblade," she comments, watching as he allows the rain to drain him. He doesn't find her comment amusing, but she didn't say it with that intention anyway. If anything, she wants to tick him off. To get him to cross the line. But not until she has him do something for her.

Technoblade scoffs, not afraid to approach her until they're both standing in the middle of the bridge, lightning accompanying the darkness. "Watch your mouth, Sally. As long as you're in my company, your life is in my hands." His voice is a low, intimidating growl, and it sends shivers down her spine. The Syndicate is not a group she wanted to deal with at first, but with each day her husband becomes more unbearable, her daydreams about his death by the hands of his brother turn more and more desirable. "What did you want of me, Salmon? Don't tell me you're here just for some chitchat."

After your arrival, it'd taken them some weeks to contact her, with the question if she was interested in joining herself. At first, she'd been disgusted by the suggestion alone, considering they're few of the most violent and cruel anarchists out there, but the hatred grew with her desire for change. She's not an anarchist herself, but she's still able to give them a hand in ending some of the most influential men of the City.

"Y/N has convinced us, and some employees of the DeMeter company and others to have a trip to the pool, on the other side of the City. If you're interested in ending Wilbur's life, then that's the perfect opportunity." Technoblade hums, tilting his head as he leans against the wall of the bridge, his eyebrow raised.

"Well, that's a bit extreme, isn't it? Murder? I thought I told you that it'd be better to try couple's therapy first, didn't I?"

Now it's Sally's turn to scoff as she lifts her chin in pride, looking down on the much taller man as she responds with a snarl. "Don't speak like you care for the lives of innocent people. Or guilty people, for that matter. Being an extremist is your entire thing, isn't it? It wouldn't be the first time that you attempt to kill my husband anyway, so may as well make your second time a success. And this is the moment where you can succeed, since he'll be in a position where he doesn't have his guard up as much."

"And why is it you want him to die to begin with? Has he been flirting with other people or something?" Technoblade asks, slightly amused, and Sally fumes with rage, suppressing the emotion so he doesn't have a clue.

"I believe Y/N when they say nothing happened each night, while they were together at the pool. But I don't trust Wilbur that he won't try anything nonetheless. Especially not when they're in a state of dissociation, or physical weakness." Worry clouds her eyes, while Technoblade too can't help but be slightly concerned, only by what she tells him.

"You're not worried about Wilbur cheating on you. You're worried about Y/N doing so."

Sally lets out an innocent laugh, not realizing at first how ridiculous that sounds, but she ends up nodding, letting out a sigh. "I suppose so. And we aren't even in a relationship of any sorts. Can you believe that? I love someone, whom I only have had dreams about before their arrival, more than the person I married! And it doesn't feel like anything I had with Wilbur either. That with Wilbur felt more like an... an act. An act I put up, because I felt something towards him, but love wasn't the right word." She smiles, imaging you in her arms, as her lips feel warm by the pure possibility of your touch. "But with Y/N; oh, there's no doubt I love them."