Chapter 8

A/N: Sorry for not posting, I'm sick

-Alya's Pov-

"Get a whiff of that," Rosalie spoke up

"Get a whiff of that," Rosalie spoke up. "Here comes the humans." Verdi's opera blasted as Bella, Edward, Jasper, Veronica, Angela, my friends, and I entered to find the kitchen in full swing.

Carlisle, Emmett, Rosalie, and another woman prepare elaborate platters of Italian pasta and antipasti. The woman rolls out pizza dough and fans tomatoes around it in an instant.

Rosalie held a bowl as Emmett cut up a salad, disinterested. The woman saw Bella and me, and stopped, emanating maternal warmth. Her heart-shaped face and billows of hair are reminiscent of the silent-movie era.

"Bella, Alya, we're making Italiano," she spoke up. "This is Esme, our mother for all intents and purposes," Edward introduced us. "Bon giorno?" Bella asked in Italian. "Molto bene!" Esme spoke back, smiling.

"These are my friends, Avel, Carlos, and Marcia" they wave hi. "Then this is Angela and Veronica," they wave hi" "You've given us an excuse to use the kitchen for the first time," Carlisle told us as he hit pause for something.

I saw brand new Williams-Sonoma cookware boxes in the corner as they were watching an Italian cooking show on TV. Emmett waved the knife in his hand. "Better watch that knife, Emmett," Carlos greeted him, doing the bro-hug guys do.

"I hope you're hungry," Esme asked. "I'll get some," I smiled. "Veronica here didn't let me eat." "I'm starving" Marcia whines as Everyone chuckles. "Oh, absolutely-," Bella started to say.

"She already ate," Edward spoke for Bella as she shot him a look, but something shattered. Rosalie has broken the salad bowl and now leaned against the wall. I pouted as Jasper chuckled.

"Perfect," Rosalie sighed. "I just assumed -- because you don't eat, you know...," Bella told her.

"Of course. That was very considerate of you," Esme smiled. "Ignore her. I do," Edward told her. Veronica hit Edward's arm. "Yes, let's keep pretending this isn't dangerous for all of us," Rosalie glared at Bella.