Chapter 18

It was weird to think that my son would be with me in less than two months. I hardly had any sleep the day i was 7 & 1/2 months pregnant. I was up all night with my dad fixing some things up for the baby. We set up his crib, car seat and that was about it. It seemed like it took us a life time. Luckily, after school today Oscar's coming round to help with the rest. At the moment i hated the fact i wore a tight top that was tight on my belly, but wasn't on my arms! Also, the fact my boobs had gone up a size and weigh quite a lot! But, i was used to it and kind of liked it! Going to school everyday seemed pointless, but it wasn't since i had exams and coursework to do. I was lucky considering i got pregnant at just the right time since i wouldn't give birth to the baby until i practically leave.

I got to school early, around 7:55. Hardly anybody was in yet and i spent the extra time revising in my form room for my Geography exam, which was in less that two hours. I liked Geography and i did revise a lot for it since i wanted to travel the world when i got older. Although, that boat had well sailed! But, i wasn't to disappointed since i could just go in to business and law, which was also my strong suit.

I hated exams. It would be absolutely silent, which was helpful, but annoying. Every time i do an exam i always finish around 10 or 20 minutes before the end, but this time i flew threw the exam and ended up finishing within half an hour. I had never been so thankful for an easy paper in my whole life, it was just what i needed. I spent the rest of the time thinking about Oscar. Recently, i couldn't get him off my mind. But, then again, apart of him was still inside of me! I thought about the fact we'd be in each others lifes for the rest of my life and then i thought about what the baby would look like. Oscar's tanned and i'm not a strong white either, so i guessed the babies skin colour wouldn't be pale. I had no idea what his eye colour would be considering mine of blue, Oscar's are brown and my dads and Oscars mums are green. I thought 'as long as my child is healthy and happy, i shouldn't care about looks'.

After the exam, i was off timetable all day apart from last lesson since i had a French exam coming up. So, i went out of school to get a milkshake with Silver. "Did you think that Geography exam was hard?" She asked me, i nodded in a 'no' kind of way. "I thought it was. I didn't really understand what to put for the butler model graph and rejuvenation thing!" She said as we walked in to the milkshake bar. We both ordered a vanilla shake, but i got crushed skittles blended in, whereas she got Nutella mixed in. We put down our bags, sat and ate them next to a huge glass window. "So, any ideas in your babies first outfit?" I shuck my head. I hadn't thought about it, i probably would had just got a baby grow and wrapped him in a blanket. "Well!" She pulled a light blue gift bag and gave it too me.

"This is so cute Silv! Thank you so much!" I got up and hugged her. She had given my a gorgeous blue overall with tiny grey elephant imprinted all over it. Along with it, there came tiny elephant slippers and a small elephant hat.

"I just hope he doesn't come out a little fatty and can't fit in it!" We both laughed and drank our milkshakes. We then headed back to school from hours of talking about the baby. When i walked in to school i saw Oscar walking in to the counselling office and he looked rough. I still hadn't talked to him and i wanted to know how Beth reacted, even though i hadn't seen her today, i was worried in case she knew that i was the pregnant girl her boyfriend knocked up!

I sat and waited at the office. I made it look like i was waiting for someone, maybe a teacher, but in fact i was waiting until Oscar had come out of the counselling office. Around 20 minutes later he did, looking even more disrupted than before. I walked over to him as he turned to see me. He looked tired and worn out, he didn't smell to great either. "Oscar, what's wrong?" I asked him, trying to sound like i care.