Chapter 19

I loved every second of leaving school earlier than leaving with everyone else. I was still on study leave, but earlier i guess. Walking out the school gates one last time felt amazing and i had a great weekend that layed ahead. Oscar drove me home everyday to and from school, since he didn't want me walking too much since he knows my legs ached. Anyway, he took me home and came in. It was the first time he had met my dad considering he had to work when Oscar had come round to set up a few things.

We entered and both wiped our feet on the 'WELCOME' mat. "Dad, I'm home! Oscar's here!" I shouted, incase he was upstairs. But, i heard pans coming from the kitchen.

"In here!" He shouted. We walked to the kitchen and on the way Oscar asked whether my dad would shoot him or not. I just shuck my head and laughed a bit. My dad was at the sink doing dishes, since dinner was in the oven. He turned and smiled, surprisingly. He then shook his hand. "Welcome!" He smiled "Don't worry, i don't keep grudges! What is done, is done. But, you can't back out in a year or so! If you do, i will be on your back then!" He tried to act all 'dad' style.

"I wouldn't want that Mr. Reynolds!" He said, disguising his sarcasm. My dad got the tea out of the oven "Joel's staying at a friends and Max is staying at aunt Carla's, so it's just us three!" He smiled as he put a slice of Lasagne on each of our plates, alongside salad. We sat and ate dinner in silence for a few minutes, until my Dad brought up a conversation. "So, what are your plans after the baby comes?" He said it directly to Oscar.

"Well, i was thinking that i could come over daily or a few times weekly? Depends if you would allow me sir" He waited for his response.

"I've got to say Oscar, i expect you to come round at least every two days, to help out. I don't mean to push you, but i don't want all of the stress on my daughter either." Oscar nodded, but to me, it seemed like that may have been a bit too much for him. He'd been seeing me daily recently, but it definitely would be different with a crying, pooping baby. I would probably wish i could get away for a while. "How about financially then?" My dad asked. Oscar and i hadn't talked about this yet and i could tell Oscar was troubled in what to see.

"Well, i'd have to get a job. I'll be going to college this winter so i could get a better job to support them both in better ways." He then took his last bite of lasagne before getting up to put his plate in the sink, he then washed it.

"I'm impressed Oscar!" My dad then put his plate in the sink, but left it to do later. "You both seem to have everything figured out!" He smiled. "Anyway, i'll leave you two to discuss some things, the game's on so i will see you later!" He waddled away happy.

"That wasn't bad was it!" I laughed while making a glass of water. I felt the baby move around a bit.

"Yeah! But, we do need to talk about things more. I practically said the first thing that was on my mind!" He laughed. "It'll be weird soon because i will actually be a dad and that'll be less than a month or even half a month away!"

"Yep! I just can't wait until i give birth!" I said sarcastically, thinking about the pain "I think that'll be the worst part about it!" I clenched my stomach at the thought of agony, even though i couldn't clench it.

"I've been meaning to ask you about that actually! Do you want me in the room, while you're ,like ,giving birth?" He raised his eyebrows and squinted his eyes.

"I know you don't want to be and you don't have to, but you can?" I gave him the offer just in case.

"I will be there, maybe just not in the actually room!" He smirked and nearly choked on a glass of water. "I'm sure Silver wouldn't mind being there with you!" He suggested.

"Yeah, but i've read up on a few things and it's meant to be a really memorable thing for the mum and dad to see there child first and stuff like that!" I paused "But it's up too you!"

"I'll think about it! I'm so glad we're friends and it feels like nothing could break our friendship. We will have a huge commitment, but as long as we both stay strong then we'll be fine!" I nodded and we got up off the kitchen chairs. "I actually can't believe your 8 and 1/2 months pregnant you know! It's flew by!"

"I know! Do you want to see how I've organised the baby stuff in my room?" I asked and he nodded, insistently. We walked up to my room and i showed him around. I'd placed the cot beside my bed, so i wouldn't have to move that much when the baby wakes me up crying. The Moses basket that Oscar got him was at the far end of the room, i would use that in the daytime. the rest of the stuff, like play mats and toy boxes, was just located at the far right hand side of my room, next to the window. "I haven't decided whether to leave everything were it is or not, but in a year or so i'm going to turn my mums old office in to a baby room for him. I'll have to ask my dad about that first though!" I smiled.

"Everything is fine! I'll come around most nights as well if you want a break and he could even stay at my place using the Moses basket or travel cot, but that depends if you want him to or not" He kind of suggested.

"I don't mind, but i think i would like him to stay here for a couple months, so he can get settled. Maybe in a few months or so?" He nodded and i sat down on my bed, since my legs ached off the stairs. I began to feel a pain and a rush of thick, warm liquid down my leg. "Oh my god!" I screamed. Oscar looked at me confused, since he didn't notice. "The baby, he's coming!" I started to shake as i clenched Oscars hand. As i looked down at my crutch it wasn't runny watery liquid, it was bright red. Blood? I then passed out at the sight of it.

Oscars P.O.V

I didn't know what to do, i never know what to do! So, i left her flat out on her bad and ran down stairs to tell her dad, Ryan. As i charged downstairs, i didn't know which room to turn too. I went to the first room on the left and he was sitting there with a bottle of Budweiser. "Ryan!" I tried to catch my breath. "Lexi is going in to labour, but it really doesn't look good!" He called an ambulance and we both went back to the room. I began to sweat. I knew that she had to give birth to this baby, but so soon? What if something happens to Lexi? I couldn't do it without her! I watched Ryan hold her up and try to make her wake up, eventually she did. The ambulance came and i got in with her, Ryan said he'll meet us at the hospital in his car.

Blood was still stained on his jeans, i couldn't tell if there was more than before or not. I held her hand and she was getting contractions every so often. She looked up to me and smiled, sweating. "If anything happens to me, promise me Oscar! Promise me you'll take care of him!" I began to get really upset and a few tears slid out of my eye at the thought of Lexi not being there. "Promise me Oscar!" She squeezed out, just before another heavy contraction.

"I promise!" I turned to face the paramedic, who smiled sympathetically at me. I wiped the several tears from my eyes and we arrived at the hospital. Lexi quickly got rushed away as i ran to stay by her side.