Chapter 12

-Rachel pov-
"So my ankle is broken and I am wheelchair bound" I groan and smack the wheelchair arm "This is ridiculous! How do I make snow angels now?"

"Well we can discuss that later" My chair gets locked into place and I look at Santana confused "We have things to do and so do you"

"In my dads office?" I hear the chair turn and I turn to see my mom sitting there "If you ever have and will love me you will let me out of here"

"You two need to talk" Quinn leaves my side and I turn my head to see them out the door "Bye dear"

"Traitors!" I turn and look at my mom who looks mad "Uhh hey! How have you been?"

"Why are you trying to send me away?" I look away from her as she stands up "Do you not want me here? Am I embarrassing you? Are you hurting? Did I do something? Oh god I did didn't I! I am so stupid sometimes! I mean what else could it be?! I jumped the gun again and now you want me to leave you alone! Oh god I am so freaking stupid!"

"God rambling is genetic" I get a glare and we both laugh "No I...I want you to be able to live your dream"

"My dream was Broadway" Shelby comes over and I look her in the eyes as she gets down to my level "My dream changed the day you were born and it became to find a way to see you! I wanted to watch you grow up! Rachel...Rachel Broadway is a lonely road sometimes just like all avenues of becoming famous"

"So I should not do it?" Shelby shakes her head and I am confused "What do you mean then?"

"You have the family and support I never did" She smiles and cups my cheeks "You have us baby girl and you could make it if you truly wanted"

"You are squeezing me" She chuckles and let's go "I want to be there and have you all there"

"Good cause I will be there" I smile and she opens her arms "I am going to hug you now"

I chuckle and share a hug with her "I love you so much" I feel her relax in my arms "You are showing how ouch you want to be here"

"I love you baby" She pulls back and boops my nose "Now how about we get into the ice cream cake your dads hid!"

I cheer as I get pushed to the kitchen. We get into the freezer and big slices of the cake. We are about i start eating when throats clear. We tense and slowly turn our heads to see Daddy there.

"Give me a huge slice and I keep silent" We nod and he sneaks over "Thank you! I hate that stupid Keto diet we are trying! I NEED SOME DAMN FOOD INSIDE OF ME!"

We chuckle and get him a big slice too. We all are enjoying it until multiple throats clear. We all turn again just to be 4 confused faces. Santana is there, dad is there, and Maribel is there?

"You said you hate chocolate!" Maribels storms over to mom and we all are just watching as it happens "You said we could not go to the Cheesecake Factory due to how much you hate chocolate! We had to go to the movies instead! I had to eat gummy worms! GUMMY WORMS SHELBY! I HATE GUMMY WORMS WITH A PASSION LADY!"

"Uhhhhh Mari?" Mom points toward all of us "People"

"People?" She turns and pales "Oh...people"

"So when did this start?" The two blush and look away from us "Oh this is going to be a fun story"

"Hey why are we being left out?" We all turn toward Judy, Daniel, and Quinn "Oh you guys found out abou-OW!"

"You three knew?" They all cringe and nod "Alright! We get everything out now before Chanukah! We start now and go until the night! We will have board games and food! Now how about we start with monopoly? I like it a lot"

We all groan as dad goes to get the game. This is going to be a long night.