(🐏)🐑 - A Dragon's Hoard - Afterlife

Oneshot Length - Medium-Small
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

It Was A Simple Day In The Afterlife World, No Longer Did It's Inhabitants Have To Fear The Great Vampire That Roamed Day & Night, Feasting Upon The Blood Of All Alike. The Vampire Was Replaced. Replaced With An Angel, Ready To Strike Down Any And All Whom Cause Harm With The Power Of Holy Fire.

This Angel's Name Was Scott Smajor. A Man Who Had Started As A Simple Luna Moth, Then Became That Vampire The Whole World Feared... And Now This. There Was An Angel Before Him, But He's Long Gone. All That Scott May Do Now Is Try And Fill The Void That's Left Behind.

However, He Also Felt As Though He Should Contemplate The Intricacies Of His Life Later. For With A Gentle Flutter Of The Eyes And A Drowzy Groan, The Angel Awoke In A Place Unlike Home. The Walls Were Completely Lined In Stone- No- They Were Made Of Stone, This Is A Cave. Scott (Although He Was Still A Bit Too Drowzy To Move) Could Feel A Cold Yet Smooth Cluster Of Items Behind Him... Raw Gold & Golden Coins?

...He Knew Exactly Where He Was. He Knew This Place Well. The Place That Haunted His Nightmares, Remembering The Gruesome End Of The Vampire He Once Lived As.

He Was In A Dragon's Den.

Atop The Hoard.

fWhip's Den.

fWhip's Hoard.

Try As He May He Was Still A Bit Too Drowzy To Move Much, It Was Just One Of Those Days... Convenient Timing, He Scowled Internally, Unapologetic About His Thoughts Due To His Situation. Even So, He Can At Least Move Around A Little, So He Chose To Look Around A Bit More.

Some Suble Greenery Lined The Upper Walls And Even Some Of The Ground, No Doubt Mostly Being Made Of Moss And Growing Lichens, There Were A Few Barrels & Chests Scattered About, None At All On The Pile Made Of Golden Trinkets Behind Him, Additional Storage For The Practicals He Could Guess, But He Would Have To Move To Know For Sure.

But Before He Could Try, He Decided To Look To The Doorway...

And There He Was...

fWhip The Wyvern.

Scott Immediately Tried To Stand But Could Only Manage To Sit Up Where He Now Sat. It Was Still Too Early- Darn. But Even That Cannot Change A Fight Or Flight Response, For You See, That Is One Of The Very Faces That Haunts Those Nightmares, One Of The Two Wyverns Which Brought About That Very End. He Can Never Forget What Their Claws Feel Like, The Poison, The Pain.

"Come No Closer!" He Said As Sternly As He Could... Or Was It A Whisper? One To Fall Upon Deaf Ears? It Looked To Be So, The Wyvern Continued To Approach, All Details For fWhip's Face Hidden By The Glowing Morning Light From Behind Him. Scott Could Only Brace Himself For That Pain He Remembered So Well, Fearfully Quickly Accepting His Fate-

...But It Never Came.

fWhip Mearly Kneeled In Front Of The Other, Using His Hands To Support Him As He Gently Nudged Scott Backwards With His Head. "shinyyy, stay in pile" He Mumbled Under His Breath, No Poison Breath Escaping His Lips. He Continued To Nudge Scott Until He Was Back To Having His Back To The Pile Of Gold, fWhip Seemed Content To This And Curled Up Next To Him, Making Sure He Couldn't Move Away From The Pile Again.

And For The Moment It Took fWhip To Do All That, Scott Could Only Stare In Immense Shock And Wonder... Why Wasn't He Dead? Why Is He Here At All?

But The Truth Became Clear Ever So Quickly. His Golden Shoulder Plates (Two For The Shoulders, Two For The Wings), The Rope Around His Waste Weaved With Golden Flakes, & His Own Hair That Shone As Bright As A Golden Sunset Spoke It All.

Golden.

He Wore Gold.

And Finally, After All Of This That Had Occured, He Could Finally Feel Himself Relaxing In The Wyvern's Embrace, Finally No Longer Feeling As If He Were Going To Die. He Could Still Remember The Pain Well, But That Was In The Past... That Was The Vampire That Reigned Supreme Over The Lands Through The Shadows, Killing & Wounding Countless... But He's Not That Vampire Anymore. And To This Wyvern, He's Just More Gold For The Hoard.

And So, With Their Front-To-Front Position, Scott Brought A Hand To fWhips Cheek, Gently Stroking A Thumb Along The Scales There. This Brought About A Happy 'Rrrowl' Noise From The Wyvern, Moving His Head Away To Nuzzle Their Heads Together.

At Such A Convenient Time Yet Again, This Is When Scott's Body Finally Decided To Do It's Morning Stretch, A Gentle Unavoidable Groan Being Made From His Throat (But Not His Mouth) As He Was Finally Able To Wake Up Today. He Also Took An Extra Moment To Stretch Out His Wings, A Pop From Both Instantly Relaxing Him Once More.

This Would Not Stop fWhip's Desire For Snuggles However, As He Began To Nuzzle The Top Of Scott's Head Instead. And Scott Was 'Powerless To Stop Him' Due To His Relaxed State, Almost Being Able To Close His Eyes Yet Again... Buuut He's Already Done The Morning Stretch, So He's Wide Awake Now. And So, All He Did Was Accept The Affection. He Tried A Few More Times To Give Pets, But fWhip Would Always Find A Way To Turn It Around, So He Gave In.

This Would Also Be What Jimmy & Joel Would Walk In On, Having Been Called Here By fWhip For A Wyvern & 'Baby Dragon' Meeting... But Now All Of What They Could See Was A Gently Swaying Angel Wing And fWhip Laying Infront Of Whomever It Was.

Jimmy Was The First To Wander Forewards, Seeming Intrigued By The Gold Accent Atop The Wing Which Was Visible, Joel Followed Close Behind... It Is Here They Discovered The Situation, Scott Awkwardly Waving At Them From Where He Layed.

Joel Snickered. "And How Might You Have Gotten Yourself In This Predicament, Scott?" Joel Snickered A Little More, Unable To Not Laugh At Whatever Was Going On Here.

Scott Would Laugh Along With Him For A Moment... Only For A Moment. "Hey, Not My Fault I Woke Up Here Today." He Spoke As Neutrally As He Could, Although A Playful Sass Still Slipped Through His Teeth.

However, Jimmy Seemed To Have Other Ideas. Gently Holding One Of The Wings, Jimmy Quickly Found Himself Poking At The Golden Stuff On Them, Distracting Both Joel And Scott From The Conversation.

"Gold."

"Yes, That Is Gold, Jimmy."

"Shinyyy"

"Mhm, Tell Me About It."

And With That, There Went Another One, Lost To Instincts, Ne- Well- Actually They'll Probably Snap Out Of It In A Few Hours... But Still! So Jimmy Decided To Plop Right There Behind Scott, Rubbing His Face Into The Fluffy Wings Although Fairly Careful Not To Ruffle The Feathers Too Much. This Brought A Content Hum From Scott, Simply Choosing To Stay Still Between Them.

And Joel Could Only Chuckle At The Situation, One Half-Dragon, One Angel, One Wyvern... And Soon To Be Two. Joel (As A Wyvern, Being Second Biggest Of All Four Of Them) Was Able To Shove Everyone Foreward A Little So He Had His Back To The Golden Pile. Wrapping An Arm-Wing Around Everyone Like Some Kinda Hug Blanket, This Is Where Everyone Could Stay.

And Scott Couldn't Help But Chuckle Under His Breath, Finding The Warmth Around Him To Be Rather Soothing... He Was Starting To Regret The Morning Stretch From Earlier, He Didn't Care How It Would Mess Up His Sleeping Schedule Right Now, He Just Wanted To Rest Again.

Luckily, He Has Two Wyverns & A Half-Dragon Beside Him. One Kept Everyone Together In A Hug, One Nuzzled His Wings In Such A Way To Say Like They Were Being Preened, And The First Of The Trio Could Place A Strangly Relaxing Kiss To His Forehead. Scott Knew It Was Platonic... But He Didn't Care To Focus Right Now...

Right Now He's Apart Of A Dragon's Hoard...

Right Now Is Time To Sleep...

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Thank You For Reading!
Word Count: 1371