🎵🐏 - Gills & Claws - Limited Life

Oneshot Length - Medium-Small
Wordcount - 1018
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

The Seventh Session Of Limited Life Was Over. Everyone Was Returning To Their Bases And Allies (Newfound Or Old & Continuous) To Discuss The Events Of The Day, The Ghosts's Chatter Flew On The Breeze As They Laughed At Stupid Decisions They Themselves Or Others Made, A Few Even Decided To Explore And Search For Recourses That May Help Them And Their Alliance When The Timers Begin Ticking Again.

Scott Was Doing None Of These Things.

Scott Found Himself Holed Up In An Underwater Cave, Sunken To The Bottom And Lost In Thought. The Cave Itself Was Full Of Lush Greenery, Barely Any Stone Or Deepslate Peeked Out Through The Walls. What Could Be Seen Was Usually Blocked By Stems Of Coral Reaching Out, Turning The Cave Into A Maze. There Were Even A Few Bioluminescent Lichens Along The Walls, Further Obscuring Whatever Rock Was Visible.

The Bright Colors & Soothing Sea-Cottagecore Ambiance Did Nothing For Scott.

At The Beginning Of The Session, Scott Was Running For His Life. He Knew Everyone Would Be Hunting Him Down, Desperate For The Time He Had... And Yet, Running So Much Still Took It's Toll On Him, Locking Him In Adrenaline Flight.

And Then... He Was Red. That Feeling Of Needing To Flee From The Slightest Flicker Of Light Changed. Now Anything That Moved Wasn't A Predator, It Was Prey. Anything That Moved Out Of The Corner Of His Eye, Even If It Was A Close Ally, He Had To Contain His Bloodlust Around As To Not Give Into The Urge To Tear Their Throat Out With His Teeth-

He Was No Longer The Sheep Away From His Flock, Handpicked For Slaughter. He Was The Wolf That Howled For Blood.

And That Bloodlust Stayed. Even As The Timers Stopped And The Urges Went Down Or Ceased... He Still Felt That Need To Sink His Claws Into Someone's Flesh. These Gills & Claws- Fins, Teeth, & Scales... They Were So New Yet Had Such Control Over His Behavior. He Feared For Others- He Feared For Himself.

So, He Hid Himself Away. In A Maze That Did Pretty Good Representing His Shattered Mind, One Perpetually So Close To Succumbing To Feral Instincts.

No Fish Swam In The Cavern. No Drowned Haunted It Either. It Was Just Scott And The Moss And Coral... And Of Course, His Bloodlust That Nothing Could Satisfy. The Timers Weren't Ongoing Right Now, Yet He Could Swear He's Hearing A Clock Ticking Down. It Was Driving Him Mad. There's Nothing Around- Nothing To Get Time From- Noone To Kill-

"Scott?"

A Voice Rang Through The Cave, A Familiar One. Scott's Eyes Darted Around, Looking For The Origin Point Of That Voice. He Wanted To Scream, He Wanted To Yell At That Voice. To Swim Away From Here,,, From Him. No Voice Came Out. Nothing But A Growl.

"...Scott?"

Martyn Soon Became Visible To Him, The Other Somehow Having Made His Way Through The Clusters Of Coral And To Right Here. Martyn Wasn't Too Close To Scott, Generally Keeping About A 5 Meter Distance Between Them. Scott Just Stared Down The Other, Waiting For Any Further Movement. Martyn Did The Same For Scott.

"Hey Seashell." Martyn Would Begin, Extending A Hand. "Wanna Come Back Up And Talk About T-" Martyn Wouldn't Get To Finish His Question, Scott Would Swipe At The Approaching Hands, Claws Out As If To Slash. A Bubbled Growl Or Hiss Echoed Through The Underwater Cavern, Showing A Row Of Bloodstained Shark-Like Teeth. Martyn Would Back Away Just In Time With A Yelp, But Scott Would Chase After Him.

Scott Didn't Really Want To Hurt Martyn, But Any Movement Getting Too Close Like That,,, He Will Not Let Himself Be The Prey.

Understanding This Was A Defensive Reaction And Not An Offencive One, Martyn's Response Was To Stand Still And Let Scott Tackle Him Down. However, Any Attempts That Were Made To Harm Him While He Was Pinned He Would Deflect, Eventually Getting A Hold Of Both Of Scott's Wrists.

"Hey Seashell." He'd Start Up Again, Making Sure Scott Couldn't Swipe At Him Before Continuing. "Sorry If I Startled You, I Just Wanted To Make Sure You Were Alright." He'd Explain, Scott's Gaze Softening Showing That Scott Understood The Other. Once Scott's Pressure Against Martyn Holding His Wrists Ceased, Martyn Would Intertwine Their Hands Instead.

Scott Used These Words To Ground Himself. Martyn Isn't Predator Or Prey, Martyn Is Friend. Scott Would Choose Not To Speak For A Few Minutes As He Came Back To Himself, Leaning Down And Cuddling Into Martyn's Chest. Martyn Would Move His Hands From Holding The Other's To Holding & Rubbing Scott's Back. Just To Help Further Calm Him.

Eventually Scott Would Look Back Up, A Face Showing Guilt Behind Blood Red Eyes. "I'm Sorry." Would Be The First Thing Scott Would Utter In The Conversation, The Fins That Replaced His Ears Tilting Down To Imitate Sorrow Or Sheepishness.

"Don't Be. m'L- Ren,, Was Like This Too Sometimes. Consumed By Bloodlust And Instincts." He Replied & Elaborated, Holding Scott Close With The Back Rubs And Moving One Hand To Gently Pet His Hair. This Would Cause Scott's Fins To Tilt Back Up As He Leaned Into The Touch. "There's Nothing You Can Do To Make Me Fear You, Scott. I'm Here For You, Regardless Of The Violence." Martyn Said Like He's Said It A Thousand Times Before.

And Scott Would Smile To That, Burying His Face Into Martyn's Chest Once More And Leaning Into The Head Rubs (Which Had Since Changed To Scritches) On Occasion.

It Would Take Scott Some Time To Get Used To These Instincts, But Martyn Would Help. Scott May Not Be His King,,, But Scott Is His Shining Star.

And He Will Follow That Star Right Until The End.

<><><><><>>><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Author Note: Sorry About The Wait For This One! Life Stuff & Other Hobbies Have Been Taking Up Most Of My Time. I Do Hope To Update This Book At Least Slightly More Frequently, But For Now, Allow Me To Rediscover My Writing Style ^v^

Thanks For Reading!