5

It was Christmas morning and Riri had just woken up

She inhaled the air and smelled her mom's cooking. That was always one part she looked forward to when Christmas came around.

She hopped out of bed, going into her bathroom and thinking about what gifts she had under the tree.

Little did she know about one gift that was waiting for her downstairs.

"So how long did it take you to get here," Riri's sister, Sharon asked.

"About an hour." Shuri replied.

She was currently sitting on the couch, just waiting for Riri to come downstairs. Her family was keeping her plenty of company though.

"And this was her at 3 fixing her first engine," Ronnie, her mother, cooed at the picture of baby Riri.

Shuri stared at the picture. Baby Riri looked so adorable, even if she had grease and sweat all over her.

"SHURI," She felt something jump on her. She looked and saw it was her girlfriend. "Oh my gosh, what are you doing here?"

"Merry Christmas," Her stepdad, Gary, shouted out, "She got in touch with us and wanted to surprise you.

"I also brought gifts," She cheesed.

Riri was extremely happy that Shuri was here on Christmas. Shuri gave her a peck on the lips and held her tighter in her lap. Her mom, stepdad, and sister gave out their gifts and they had even got something for Shuri.

"Oh my gosh, Riri you got me a mea culpa beanie!" Sharon screamed.

"Yes and for 90 dollars, you better wear it with every outfit."

Riri got off of Shuri's lap and ran up the stairs. She came back with a small box.

"I was going to give this to you tonight when we left but since you're here," She held the box out, "Merry Christmas."

"You didn't have to get me anything." Shuri smiled, grabbed the box.

She opened it and saw a small, gold heart locket.

She picked it up, opened it and tears instantly came to her eyes.

Inside was a picture of her mother and brother and "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole started to play.