17

Two weeks had passed and the day was now here

Two weeks had passed and the day was now here. The day Riri gets her family back.

She was so amped up that she had woken up earlier than Shuri and that never happened. She was currently in the lab, doing final checks on her suit.

"Baby, you've done 50 cheeks on that suit. I'm sure it's good." She turned around to see Shuri standing behind her in her suit.

" She turned around to see Shuri standing behind her in her suit

"I just wanna make sure everything is perfect before we leave." Shuri just sighed and sat down on the table.

These past two weeks, Riri had been working her ass off while Shuri was trying to make sure she literally didn't work her ass off. She understood why her girlfriend was doing the things she was doing but she really didn't want Riri to let her emotions get in the way of her actions. Shuri had almost made that mistake but luckily came to her senses before she did something she would regret.

"I understand that my love but you already triple checked and had me check as well, if there was something wrong, we would have found it."

Riri just sighed and went and sat down.

They sat in silence for a few minutes before Riri broke it, "Do you think we're gonna be able to get my family back?"

Finally, the doubt was coming out. Shuri had a feeling that was the reason she was working herself so hard because she went through the exact same damn thing. The only difference between her and Riri was she was expressing hers.

"Honestly Riri, I don't know but I have a lot of hope and confidence that we will."

Riri just sat, staring off into space. She laid her head on Shuri's shoulder.

"You know what," They turned and looked at the door and was met with M'Baku, "Even before a battle, the two of you still manage to find some way to put a bad taste in my mouth."

Moment ruined.

Riri stood up and gave him a mug, "Hush, can't be mad at us cause your ass is lonely." Shuri just rolled her eyes playfully.

Okoye walked in with Nakia, Midnight Angel suit on, "Pay no attention to the Jabari, he's just cranky cause he didn't have his morning breakfast bones." Nakia let out a snicker while M'Baku stale faced the Dora.