6

Dec 31, 22Wakanda4:20 PM

Dec 31, 22
Wakanda
4:20 PM

It was New Year's Eve and Riri was in Wakanda and she had been having a great time

She had mostly been spending time with Shuri but today was New Year's Eve and Shuri was having a small celebration.

"So, she's bringing T'Challa with her?" The two were in the lab, as always. Shuri was working on a new project and Riri was taking a food break.

Shuri nodded, "Yea, this will be his first time coming to Wakanda."

Today, Nakia was bringing Shuri's nephew to the celebration and Shuri was very excited about it. Everyone was preparing for the celebration today and Shuri decided that this would be the day that they took their tour so they wouldn't be in anyone's way.

"You know everyone has been excited to meet you," Shuri said, getting up.

"Oh really?"

"Yes, everyone wants to meet the girl that finally got the queen to fall in love," Shuri teased, "Speaking of which, it's time to go," She said with her hand out.

The two walked to the entrance of the lab, where they were greeted by Ayo and Aneka and they began walking out. Riri was honestly surprised to not see the General there, considering she was with the queen everytime she went out somewhere.

"So, we goin on a double date?"

Aneka let out a small laugh, " If you want to call it that, you can."

Once they were in the city, Riri just stood there and took it all in. Looking at it from the palace windows was nothing compared to the real thing.

As they walked through, Shuri talked to a few people in Xhosa. She was even snagging Riri a few free snacks.

They were approaching the outskirts of Wakanda and Shuri knew her girlfriend was going to enjoy what she saw out here.

"OH MY GOD, ARE THOSE RHINOS?!"

'Knew it.' Shuri nodded her head, "Yep, their our battle rhinos but their friendly."

They walked over to the pin that they were in and walked inside.

They beamed up at the sight of Shuri but growled at Riri.

Shuri want up to one and started to caress it's horn and whisper to it as Riri stood afar with Ayo and Aneka, watching.

"Come here Riri," Shuri waved her over. Riri hesitated but walked up to Shuri and the rhino.

" Just put your hand up and rub slowly," Shuri grabbed her hand and put it on the horn. Riri rubbed slowly. She watched as it eased right there in her arms.

"Who trains them?"

"Their left in the hands of the border tribe." Shuri sat and watched her girlfriend with the rhinos. She was very fascinated by them. She had a toothy smile on her face and Shuri was loving every second of it.

"Well, you've seen all of Wakanda, what do you think?"

"it's even better than looking out the window."

Shuri looked at her and smiled, " One day, you'll be the queen of all this."

Riri looked at her with a raised eyebrow, "You've really thought our future out that much huh?"

She nodded her head, " I told you Riri, I'm going to spend the rest of my life with you,"

"Aww, you two are adorable but we have to get back because Okoye has just informed me Nakia and T'Challa have arrived," Aneka said. The two girls had honestly forgot they were there.

They started walking back towards the castle. As they were walking, a few people talked to Shuri and some even talked to Riri.

Once they got back to the castle, Riri saw a little boy running in their direction. This had to be Shuri's nephew.

"Hello T'Challa," Shuri said hugging him, "How was your flight?"

"Good," He looked over at Riri, "Is that Riri?"

Shuri nodded her head, "Say hi."

The boy waved at her," Hi, it's nice to meet you."

"it's nice to meet you too." This was definitely the king's son, without a doubt. The boy had some of Nakia's features but definitely had T'Challa's even more.

The two walked up to Nakia and walked into the castle.

Shuri, Ayo, and Aneka all walked up to her. Shuri held out her arms for a hug, " Hello Nakia."

"Hi Shuri," Nakia went into the embrace.

They walked inside and saw Riri and T'Challa with juices in their hands. "They're going to be the best of friends," Nakia said smiling

Shuri nodded her head, "Yea, cause their the same height," Shuri joked.

" I heard that," Riri shot back, making Shuri and Nakia laugh.

"I see you've finally did it," Nakia said

Shuri nodded, " it took a long time, I know."

Shuri looked at the time to see that it was 5:00 PM. She decided to dismiss herself and go check to make sure everything was running smoothly.

🎉🌙

It was now 11:40 PM and everyone was outside on the balcony waiting on the New Year to ring in. T'Challa was running around doing random things so he could stay awake. Nakia was sitting and watching T'Challa and Shuri and Riri were standing over the balcony but it seemed as it Shuri was in a trance.

"Can I come back here again for Spring Break?" Riri asked, looking up at her with a pleading pout.

Shuri snapped out of her trance, "Of course, You're welcome here anytime."

Riri nodded her head. " what's the matter?" Riri watched grab her locket and fiddle with it, "Oh I see, you don't want to enter the New Year without them."

Shuri didn't respond and just kept playing with the necklace. "Baby, look at me."

" I know how it feels, trust me. When my dad died, it took a while for my family to get over it. We had to do everything without him and we had learn that. Christmas. Thanksgiving. New Year's, it's hard, I know but one thing that can help and remembering the people that are still here for you. The old," she pointed at Nakia, "The new," she pointed at M' Baku, "And the new new," she pointed at T'Challa.

Shuri looked over smiling at her. She linked her hand with hers, brought it up to her mouth and kissed the back of her hand, "Thank you, my love."

Sometimes Shuri actually did wish her and Riri could have met under different terms but at the same time, she would do it all over again if it meant meeting the love of her life all over again.

"AUNT SHURI, IT'S 11:59!"

Everyone gathered around Shuri as she pulled up the countdown on her kimoyo beads.

"3...2...1," Everyone shouted out as they watch the countdown go down.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

Couples kissed, hugs were given, and glasses were raised, with T'Challa's full of juice of course.

"Happy New Year baby."

Happy New Year, my love."

Now the action kicks in.