Chapter 4

Asher's POV
"That's okay. You'll get him soon. Your dad's Wesley right?"

"Yeah. How'd you know?"

"My dad would have drinks with him sometimes."

"You're Steve's daughter?"

She nodded.

"I-I'm sorry for your losses. I won't bring it up again. Just didn't know when to say it."

I walked up to her. She picked her head up. The moon was shining on her through the window. I started looking at her eyes more. She had heterochromia. One eye was electric blue and the other was hazel.

"Y-your eyes. I-I love them."

"Really?"

"T-they're beautiful! Holy shit!"

I rushed over to her bed and sat down.

"I'm expecting some cheesy pick up line about getting lost in my eyes."

"Oh no. No no. Nothing like that. I've just never seen this before."

"Really? Never?"

"Never."

I moved closer to her.

"I-I haven't been paying enough attention to you.
I-I've been dealing with all the fall out of everything. I-I was too focused on getting you that...I didn't even see when we met. I was too focused on seeing if you were okay. H-how did I not see this sooner?"

I moved her hair out of her face and started looking at her eyes.

"A-are you just saying this?"

"No! I-I mean this! Out of everyone I know, nobody has heterochromia. Not even my family. I-I really like this color combination too. I-I'm being serious."

"Y-you are? Y-you mean it?"

"Yes. Why would I lie?"

"To make me feel better?"

"Oh no. I'm not doing that. I mean what I say. I'll never lie to you."

I kissed her. We were up all night just talking. She said, she's a red wolf. Those are rare and endangered.

Definitely gotta keep her close.

Every day she started to get comfortable with us. She let me mark her a few months later.

Alyx's POV
I started to have this strange feeling. I felt someone watching me. I honestly thought, I was starting a I go crazy. I mentioned it to Asher and he started looking into everything. He was getting frustrated that he couldn't find anything.

"I-it's okay Ash. I must be paranoid."

"No no. I have the same feeling you do. I didn't want to freak you out."

A few days later, I felt something go into my neck. I collapsed. I woke up in a cell. I started freaking out.

Anne: Oh no! I can't talk to Evan!

"And I can't talk to Ash!"

I started screaming while crying. I screamed until, someone shut me up. I was being fed for some reason.

"I suggest, you eat. It'll hurt to do anything for a while."

I picked up the food and smelled it. It made me gag. It looked like jail food. After what seemed like forever....the man who had me walked in.

"Welcome back! You were missed. Now...where were we?"

"We were about to perform tests on her sir."

"Ah! Right!"

I was taken out of the cell. I started screaming again.

"ASHER! HELP! HELP ME! SOMEBODY HELP!"