Chapter 17

Alyx's POV
"I-I'm sorry. You know me."

"I know baby. You're my mate. You're my wife. Nobody's breaking that."

He lifted my hand and kissed the top of it.

"Let's go get something to eat. There's a restaurant over there. Seems nice."

"True. I am a bit hungry."

We went to check out the restaurant. There was an hour wait.

"I-I don't want to wait that long."

"Same. Let's go walk back to the hotel."

"Race ya!"

I took off running.

"Hey! Get back here!"

I laughed as I ran. I heard Asher laughing behind me. I looked over my shoulder and saw him chasing me. I wasn't paying attention so I ended up bumping  into a boy.

"I-I am so sorry! I-I wasn't paying attention! I-I'm racing with my husband! I should've been careful!"

Anne: This person smells familiar.

"Is that who...I think it is?"

The boy turned around. I saw a face...I swore was gone. The smile and eyes confirmed it.

"Alyx! Hey big sister!"

"No. No. Yo-you're not real. You're dead."

I turned around and ran to Asher.

"Hey, hey. What's wrong?"

"That boy behind me...is saying...he's my brother."

"Huh? Take me to him."

I shook my head.

"This doesn't make sense to me either. I saw the file. I saw him dead. Take me to him, Alyx."

I grabbed Asher's hand and walked back to the boy.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Jett Grey."

"No. No you're not. He's dead. I saw the pictures and read the file."

"Who are you?"

"Why should I tell you?"

"Wow. Nice to meet you too."

Asher crossed his arms.

"Why are you claiming, you're her brother?"

"It's because, I am her brother."

"Prove it."

He grabbed my hand and started doing something familiar. He was doing the handshake me and my brother came up with.

"H-how do you know that?"

"Alyx it's me! Why aren't you trusting me?"

"Y-your blood was all over me."

"My adoptive mother is a witch. She found me and healed me. She took the pictures before she helped me. She wanted to make sure, nobody came after me."

"S-so while you were having a great childhood...I was stuck in a dirty room. You were making friends while...I was on death's doorstep."

I went through my bag and made sure, I had the hotel key card. I looked at Asher and he nodded. I started running again.

"Come back!"

I shook my head. I looked and saw Asher running after me. I stopped running. He grabbed me and started hugging me.

"Do your best to ignore this. I'll look into this at home. I promise."

"Y-you will?"

"Yes. It's our first day here. Don't let this ruin the next 2 weeks. Let's go back to the hotel room and just relax. We'll check on the girls. Do you want to go back to racing?"

I smiled then took off running. I started laughing again. He used his speed ability to catch up to me.

"Hey! No fair! I can't run like that!"

Anne: Liar. You've just never done it.

I took a deep breath and focused on speeding up. I caught up to Asher. I beat him to the hotel.

"I need water. Holy shit. That was fun. I'm gonna shower again. I'm all sweaty. Don't follow me this time."

"You're evil."

I grabbed clean clothes then went into the bathroom. I turned on the water and let it heat up.

Anne: Asher's upset.

"Why?"

Anne: He doesn't know how to make you feel better. Let the poor boy in.

I opened the bathroom door.

"Anne ratted you out. You can come in."

He jumped up and ran to me.

"No funny business."

"Okay."

"Wow. You're agreeing?"

He flicked my forehead.

"Hey! What was that for?!"

He started laughing.

"Rude!"

He put his hand on my head. I started staring at him.

"Oh, you're too adorable."

"Don't make me kick your ass out."

I checked on the water and saw it was hot enough. He turned around.

"By now...you should know you can look."

"I don't want to be creepy."

I rolled my eyes. I started taking off my clothes.