Chapter 12

Asher's POV
I walked away and went to the cells. Cal was already waiting for me. I wrapped my hands.

"Cal...move."

He moved out of the way and opened the cell and walked in. I walked over to Jonah and used his shirt to pick him up. I used his shirt to hold him off the ground.

"Start talking. Why did you go after Alyx and her pack?"

He started laughing. I punched him.

"Don't fuckin play with me man! First I find out, you're the reason, my mate has nobody left. Then, I find out you have my daughter and you killed her mother. I swear to the moon goddess...if you don't tell the truth....your brains will be over there. Up there. And over there. I better hear what, I want."

He kept laughing. I banged his head up against the concrete wall.

"Start fuckin talking! I know where you fuckin live! I'll no joke, send someone to your sister's house and they'll grab her."

"You wouldn't dare!"

"Try me!" I said through my teeth.

"Fine, you're gonna be like that? We'll do it this way."

I enlarged my nails and slashed his stomach. He screamed.

"SPILL!"

"Her father had it coming! He was arguing with my father for weeks! He gave us the order to attack! She should be dead!"

He started explaining the fight.

"Next fuckin set of questions...how did you find Clara?"

"She's my wife!"

He's talking about her like she's still alive.

"That didn't answer the question!"

"She's a family friend! I found her and she was my mate! I was treating her right until, that little brat showed up!"

I smashed his head against the wall.

"I found out she wasn't mine then threw her down there! Clara went with her!"

"Where is Clara's body?"

"She's not dead you idiot!"

"Why was I told, she was in the ground?!"

"There's a shelter there!"

"Why was MY daughter not in that shelter?! Why was she sitting in a disgusting cell?!"

"She's not my fucking kid!"

"Doesn't fuckin matter!"

He rolled his eyes. I slammed him up against the wall.

"OW! THE FUCK?!"

I slashed his stomach again.

"What would your sister say about you doing this to me?!"

"She understands!"

"She's my second chance mate! I-I rejected Clara once I found out about the brat!"

"Oh fuckin well!"

"Asher, we found Clara."

Don't be dead.

Please don't be dead.

"How is she?"

"Sir...she's dead.."

My face started twitching. I threw Jonah to the ground and saw punching him.

"STOP! LET ME GO!"

"YOU'RE A PIECE OF SHIT!"

I had enough of him. I took his head in both of my hands.

"Go to hell. The devil's got a room with your name ready."

I snapped his neck. I got rid of the body and cleaned myself up. I walked back upstairs and found Pixella playing with Rosemary.

"Little ones come here."

I brought them somewhere to sit.

"Pixie...Rosey...there's no good way to say this."

"Oh no. What's wrong?"

"It's about Clara. She's gone. She was given wings and went up to heaven."

Pixella put her head down.

"It's okay to be upset. I am too. I was with her for 6 years. It's okay to cry."

"Daddy? I'm not sure how....I feel."

"And that's okay. You'll figure out soon. I understand, she hurt you worse than she hurt me."