Chapter 10

Asher's POV
"What does that mean?"

"Jonah buried her in the ground."

"Sweetie how do you know me?"

She took out a picture. It was me and Clara. That killed me.

"Oh god. Did she give you that?"

She nodded.

"Are you hurt?"

I looked and saw she looked sick. I looked around and saw a rusty chain on her ankle. I touched it and it didn't burn me.

Dumbass didn't put a strong silver chain on her.

I tore the lock off the chain. I noticed she had Clara's necklace. I took off my jacket and put it on her. I picked her up. I told everyone, I found her. Rosemary started playing with the necklace.

I ran into Cal and he was holding paperwork. I saw a note along with a birth certificate. Clara's signature was on it.

She really IS my daughter!

"She told me Clara's body is in the ground somewhere. I want her found."

Evan: Sign the fuckin thing!

I took the birth certificate and ran back into the office. I found a pen and put my name on it. I grabbed it and we started running. I used my jacket to cover Rosemary's head. We heard someone coming and hid behind a corner. I turned her face away and Cal shot the person. I covered her eyes as we ran past the body.

We made it out to the vans. I quickly put her in the car seat. I went to get in but, someone grabbed me and threw me to the ground. Jonah got on top of me and started choking me. I enlarged my nails and slashed his face then used my feet to push him away.

"You shouldn't have come here."

"I had too once, I found out about her."

I went to shoot him but he kicked the gun out of my hand. I threw him up against a tree and started bashing his head in. Blood stained the tree. He pushed me away. He started trying to punch me. I dodged it and kicked his knee and it bent backwards. I heard his kneecap crack.

He screamed and I laughed. I sweeped his leg and he collapsed. He aimed for my stomach but I jumped back.

"Are you dumb? I started learning how to fight when I was 12. You suck!"

I went to punch me but, I caught his hand and twisted his arm. He managed to punch me. I tasted blood starting to flow into my mouth.

"Wow. You actually hit me. Impressive but...you still suck."

"And you talk too much."

I chuckled. I knocked him out.

"Cal, give me cuffs and shackles."

He handed them to me and I put them on Jonah. I dragged his body and threw it into the small trunk of a car.

"Gather everyone and meet me at my place in 2 weeks. Sedate him heavily. Make sure he doesn't wake up. Bring him to a cell and put silver all over him.

I got in the van and started driving. I looked in the car mirror and saw Rosemary sleeping. I brought her to the closet hospital and brought her to one of tue pack doctors. She was nervous when she saw all the surgical supplies.

"You're okay. This is Dr. Boone. He just wants to help you."

I put her down on the hospital bed. She saw the IV needle and started crying.

"Hey it's okay. You're okay."

I tried to distract her when the needle was being put in. She relaxed after it was in.

"See? You're okay. He's not gonna hurt you."

They kept her for a few weeks. I would check in with Pixiella and Alyx everyday. Rosemary slept for most of the drive home. I took her out of the car and walked up to the front door. I unlocked it. She hid behind me. Pixella ran up to me then jumped into my arms.

"Daddy!"

"Hey bug!"

"You're back!"

"See? I always come back!"

I put her down.

"Who's that?"

"Pixiella, this is Rosemary. She's your sister."

"I have a sister?!"

"Apparently, yes. Where's mommy?"

"She's in the shower."

"Ah okay."

I walked upstairs and went into my bathroom. I heard the water running.

"Lyx? I'm back."

She opened the shower door and poked her head out.

"Ashy! You're okay!"