Chapter 9

Asher's POV
I started making phone calls. I had Cal start looking into Jonah. I found out he was the one who ordered people to murder Alyx's family and pack. I ALSO found out, he had a little girl . She wasn't being treated right. The location was off the grid.

I once again, gathered people. We came up with a plan. I explained everything to my sister. She understood. She had heard the little girl before and heard how she was being treated. She's a year younger then Pixella.

"So you understand?"

"Yes. Please go save her. Please...I can't stand to hear
her cry and beg for help. Asher...it's breaking my heart."

"Okay. Don't worry. I will. What's her name?"

"Rosemary. There's another thing....I just found out about this after you met him...I was too scared to find out more. Asher...I've seen her before...she looks like you."

"Huh?"

"I think...she's your daughter."

"That's impossible, Andrea."

"I-I know but...I have this strange feeling. Please...go get her...once you have Jonah in silver, I'll reject him. Ash...I cannot be with someone who treats children like this."

"I understand. You'll be informed once, everything is done. Please watch my girls for me."

"I always will."

I had my least favorite conversation again. I started getting ready. I put my dagger in my boot. I put another in the dagger sleeve in my pants. Everyone met me at the meeting point and we went over everything okay.

"Ear pieces in everyone. If this is my daughter...I want to be the one to carry her out. Understood?"

"Yes sir."

"Good. No matter what...she gets out of there."

We all went to the location and parked everything in the deepest part of the woods away from the house. We all got our guns and silencers together.

"He's probably expecting us. Be prepared and be careful. Callum, you're with me."

We all quietly made our way to the house. I was in the middle of picking a lock when I started hearing crying.

"Do you hear that too?"

"Yes. I do. It sounds like a child."

"She must be close then."

I got the door opened and we started walking towards the crying.

Evan: I smell blood.

"Me too. She must be hurt."

We picked up the pace. We walked into an office. The crying was softer.

"Go through his desk and see if there's anything to confirm she's mine. Something is telling me to check the basement."

"Got it."

"Lock the door."

I walked out of the room and shut the door. I heard it lock. I picked up the pace.

The smell of blood is getting stronger.

I heard someone walking up behind me. I looked over my shoulder. I saw someone with their nails enlarged walking up to me. I took one of my daggers out and threw it at the person. I heard a thud and walked over to the body. I crouched down.

"Where's the little girl?"

"I'll never say!"

I twisted the dagger.

"Where is the little girl?!"

"T-the basement!"

"Where is the basement?"

"G-go down the hall and go left!"

I pulled the dagger out and stabbed them in the head. I wiped the blood off by using their shirt. I put it away. I dragged the body away and hid it. I followed their directions and made my way to the basement. I found a row of cells. The cry was echoing through the room.

I started looking in cells as I walked. I found a little girl in the biggest cell. I pulled the lock off and threw it down the ground. I opened the cell and walked in. She jumped up.

"Woah! It's okay!"

I started slowly walking towards her with my hands up. I got a good look at her face. Andrea was right. She looked like me.

I got up her to and crouched down.

"Are you Rosemary?"

She nodded.

"Hi there. I'm Asher. I'm gonna get you out of here."

"D-daddy?"

She knows my name?

"Where's your mommy?"

"She's an angel now."