Chapter 5: Let Me In

Since the internet found out that Chris and I were dating, we were always the latest trending topic. It wasn't a big deal. I learned to block them out and avoid questions that may pry too deep into our relationship, but it was still awkward to read comments about when a photo surfaces online.

Today, I stared at a tweet that went viral about a picture of me and Chris. He was fast asleep beside me, an arm draped over my waist. I noticed he started doing that allowed recently, attaching himself to me in the middle of the night. I smiled to myself before looking back at the picture of us.

 I smiled to myself before looking back at the picture of us

I hardly post on Instagram now because of this. Everything I say gets taken out of context or fuels a fire that Chris's biggest fans plan on using to burn my life. It was close to 6 am. I lightly sighed and tried to roll from the bed to get Bunny ready for school, yet my man-baby pulled me closer to him.

"Stay." He mumbled; eyes still closed as he buried his face into my hip. "Stay." He repeated quietly. I looked down at him and chuckled. His hair was mussed up, face squashed against my skin while sleeping. His breath warmed my skin through the thin cotton of my sleep shirt, causing goosebumps across my arms. He didn't move and just kept clinging tightly.

"Please." He whispered. I frowned and moved his arm off me gently. I slid down into the bed until our noses barely touched.

"I have to get Bunny ready for school," I whispered. He groaned and grabbed my arm. "Although, you promised me you would do it," I teased. This caused him to open one eye in a halfhearted glare. "But clearly, you won't."

Chris stretched, letting out a soft moan. His long legs were sprawled across mine, almost trapping me underneath him. His left leg was thrown across mine, so he was straddling my hips. "Mm....fine." He finally conceded. "Let's just lay here for a minute." I gave him a look.

"Y/N, I'm asking for a minute. Not for forever." Chris looked away from me, almost as if I hurt his feelings. He went to stand, but I wrapped my hands around his waist, pulling him back down on my body. He was going to crush me in the process, but it's fine. "You know," I kissed his nose, "I would give you all my time if you asked for it." He smiled, a blush coming down his cheeks. I grinned smugly. He slid down my body until his head rested on my stomach.

I found Chris doing this often in the morning: asking for a minute of my time and bearing all his weight on me as if to trap me in bed. We wouldn't even talk. He would just lay here with me, rubbing my face or body, but never really doing anything other than that. And he seemed to be enjoying every second of it too. I didn't mind it either.

I let my hand drift into his hair, pulling at the ends. Chris grunted. When I felt it against my skin, I chuckled. He lifted his head to stare into my eyes. "You love to fuck with me, don't you?" I didn't give him an answer. We both knew the truth. He pressed his lips against my stomach for a second before biting softly. I gasped at the sudden action.