Chapter 7: A Birthday To Remember

・。・。・。・CHRIS・。・。・。・

We haven't spoken in a week. Just in passing. We don't know what to talk so we keep our mouths shut. We talked in passing, just saying good night and good morning but nothing else. We're just ghosts living in the same house at this point.

It hurts so much. I can't take it. Y/N is stubborn, but so am I. Neither one of us will fix the problem first. So, tonight, I had to put on my Big Boy pants and break down and talk to her. Because her birthday is tomorrow, and I can't have her being mad on her birthday.

I walked into our shared office to see her aimlessly clicking at the computer while her chin rested on her knee. She was wearing some black leggings and a white button-up. She looks beautiful, even if she is still pissed at me. Her hair fell loosely over her shoulders and she was exhausted.

She looked up when I stepped in and I could tell from her tired eyes that she hadn't slept all weekend. She didn't seem happy either. The lines around her mouth were more prominent than usual.

"It's 11:37," I stated.

"Yes, it is," Y/N responded. "What do you want?" She said coldly. I guess she wasn't going to play nice right now.

"It's your birthday in a couple of minutes." I pointed to the time display on the wall across from the door. She looked at it as well then back to me. She was trying to look like she couldn't care less. But, I could see her trying not to let emotion show on her face. "So?"

"So," I mimicked her voice, "We need to do our tradition." I wiggled my eyebrows at her.

That always seemed to get a rise out of her. This time, however, it did no such thing. She only sighed before turning back to her work. "I have to finish reading this script," Y/N mumbled.

I nodded but not in acceptance. More in acknowledgment. I dropped to my knees and crawled to her. I know how to get this woman to crack for me. I crawled underneath the desk, pushing her chair back ever so slightly so that she was looking me in the eye.

"What do you think you're doing?" She questioned. Her voice was barely above a whisper. Her eyes were as low as they could get, and I would kill to have her look at me like this 24/7.

"Continuing the tradition, Peach."

I whispered back. My lips brushed against her knee. Her hand came up to rest against my jawline to stop me from moving any farther. I kissed her knuckles lightly. My lips still brushed against her skin.

"I want to be angry at you." Y/N was breathless.

"Please don't." I pressed against her hand, kissing it again. "I'm an asshole, who doesn't know how to be quiet," I kissed her knee again, "And I don't know how to stop fighting for the things that I want."

"What do you want, Chris?"

I slid my hands up her legs, and with a quick look in her eyes, I pushed them apart. "You."

I said quietly. I placed small kisses along her inner thighs before finally pulling back. She sucked air through her teeth. "Your words hurt, and I'm trying to fight the urge to forgive you."

"I don't deserve to be forgiven, Peach," I kissed her thigh again; this time, closer to my favorite dessert. "But I want to show you that I can earn it."

She nodded slowly, eyes rolling back when my thumb made contact with her clit. "You are a horrible boyfriend, you know that?"

"I don't deserve you, Y/N." My tongue traced the outline of her clit slowly. The little moan she released filled my ears.