Chapter 11: Boston

・。・。・。・Y/N・。・。・。・

My flight landed in Boston, and the first thing I did was call Ruthie, my agent. "Hi sweetheart, it's Y/N. How are you doing?" She asked. "I'm great. The costume fitting with great, and I'll be getting my script."  Ruthie squealed with excitement. "That's so awesome! I was so worried you would hate it, but I think you're going to like working with them. Plus, it's going to boost your status as an actress."

I listened to her ramble for a little while I looked for my driver Chris hired. Then, my eyes snapped to the bluish-green crystals he owned for eyes. With a one-sided smile and a model-like strut, he made his way to me, towering over me like I wasn't almost as tall as him. I stared at him. Going without him for a couple of weeks must have taken a toll on me because right now I wanted to jump his bones in this airport in front of everybody.

"Hello, beautiful," He whispered.  His deep voice sent shivers down my spine, making my heart melt even more.  His eyes sparkled with something unknown, but not innocent.

He pulled me into a hug and planted a long kiss on my lips. "I missed you," I said breathlessly. He responded with another kiss. "Are you trying to make us the center of attention on the internet tonight?" I inquired. Chris looked around us. There were already people pointing and recording us. I stepped away from him before he grabbed my bag. "Well, finish this in the car." He threw a wink my way and a smile.

I smiled back. We headed toward his car, which was a black BMW convertible. We got inside and drove off. "I have us a hotel, very secluded, and a pending reservation at a restaurant, but that's only if you feel okay," Chris spoke in a nice tone that made my heart flutter. He held my hand as we drove through the city. Boston was nicer than LA. Weeks when we would visit Chris's family for holidays, I didn't want to leave.

"Yeah, I want to. Anything else I need to look forward to?" I asked as he pulled down a familiar road. He shook his head, "Just do what you always do, baby - look pretty." He reached out and kissed my temple after parking the car in front of his parents' place. He opened and closed my door after I got out. Then, we strutted to the front door. I went to knock before Chris twisted the door knob. "We're family. We don't knock."

Without warning, I was being bombarded with soft paws and barks. Dodger and Zue were jumping all over me, and I made sure to give them plenty of scratches. "Is that my daughter-in-law?" Lisa rounded the corner with a smile bigger than mine on her face. She threw her hands up and pranced to hug me. We waddled back and further, trading 'I miss you' and 'I miss you more'.

"Turn, let me look at you." She grinned as I did a 360.

"Ma, you saw her a month ago. Nothing's changed." Chris yelled from the living room. I didn't even notice he left my side. I followed his voice to see him grabbing his bags. "I know." She mumbled before taking my hand, "Like a ring not being on this finger."

"Ma."

Lisa smacked her lips, "Christopher. You'll wait too long, and some other handsome gentlemen will get down on one knee for you." I looked at the pictures of us on vacation that sat on her fireplace. Chris huffed, "Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it."

Lisa smacked her lips before placing a hand on my back, "Y/N, you tell him. You're not going to wait forever." They both turn to me. My breath hitched before I looked between them. I mean his mom was right. I can't wait forever to get married. Hell, I don't want to have a kid before I'm married. That's not what I had in my plan. Chris stared at me was so much intensity that I could feel my body catch fire. I chuckled and walked to Chris, kissing his cheek.

"I'll wait for a little while." I winked at him before looking back at Lisa, "Plus, I'm not going to lose the best mother-in-law ever. That's the reason I want to marry Chris." Lisa grinned at Chris and nodded her head vigorously as if agreeing with me. "Couldn't have said it better myself."