Chapter 10: When The Job Calls, You Answer

Trigger Warning: body issues; body dysmorphia

I prayed. For the first time in months, I prayed for a job. I needed one. I was so tired of sitting at home with nothing to do but take Dodger and Zeus on 100 walks a day and eat away at my feelings. I missed Y/N, but right now, she is in Atlanta, living her best life.

I let the biggest sigh go when I sat up from the couch. The dogs stared up at me before lying back down. I think they are getting tired of the walks too. "Don't worry, guys," I mumbled, "I'm not going to bother you again."

I waddled to the kitchen to get food. I'm a big guy. I can 100% take care of myself, but it's times like these that I wish Y/N was here. The fridge was bare except for the food that I needed to cook. I pulled the rest of the grapes from the fridge and decided on FaceTiming Y/N. I know she's getting tired of me calling her, but I have nothing better to do right now but call my future wife.

The phone rang twice while I was popping a grape into my mouth, and she picked up.

"Hey," She was more cheerful than usual. "Hi, baby."

"What are you doing?" I asked, squinting my eyes to see her. Her hair looked so soft, that I wanted to just run my hands through it. I loved it when the water would drizzle down her face and leave a trail of water, like a tear. The towel was wrapped tightly around her body, her breasts perking up even more as the towel was pushed against her, the towel draped over her stomach. I could see the outline of her curves, her ass, her inner thighs, and her legs.

Her towel was slipping, exposing her shoulder as she was busy fixing her hair. I didn't say anything about it and enjoyed the show.

"I'm getting ready to go to my meeting for the project and stuff. Ruthie called me today and let me know I had to sign a couple of NDAs."

"Yeah," I agreed, "That's Marvel for you. They want everything they do to be kept a secret. If someone sneezes in a room you're in, you can't even mention outside of it."

She sighed, "But you know how I can't hold a secret." Her grin was wide and warm, her teeth pearly white and straight. The way her mouth opened and closed as she giggled, the way her eyes squinted from her smile like a drunkard, her beautiful eyes.

"Oh, lord. We got another Tom Holland on our hands." I said softly.

"What about you? Anything come up yet?" Y/N fixed the towel around her body and leaned up to the camera.

I shook my head, "Nah, not really." I have been ranting to her about not having a job at this point, but at the same time, I like being at home. It would be nice if there was someone to share my days with, but it is also nice to live for myself and make all of my own choices. Plus, I feel bad for making her work and pay for the house at this point.

"Something will come along. I know it will." Y/N was always so hopeful.

My mind raced with the memories of that night when I had yelled out in anger and accused her of being unfaithful. The hurt piled up within me as she glared at me with such contempt in her eyes. I was sure that she was about to leave me then and there but something held her back, despite all my wrongdoings. The ultimatum I gave her when I knew it was wrong. I just wanted to feel like...I don't even know at this point. I was blinded by what I wanted, which was more of her, and it felt like she was pushing me away for someone else.

The sudden onslaught of emotion was like a wave, and I felt angry and despondent all over again. Despite this, I quickly shoved these feelings aside because things had improved between us since then.

I hoped.

We talked for a few minutes about the Marvel project before Y/N finally had to go. I knew she was busy, so I said goodbye and watched as her face disappeared from my phone. I sighed once more before heading back to the couch with my grapes.