Chapter 2: No Hope of Escape

After learning from Monokuma that the students of Hopes Peak will be staying there for a long time, many of them had tried to see if they could find a way out in the gym. Aoi and Sakura were near the the top of the bleachers while Mondo and Leon were near the podium that Monokuma appeared from. Of course there was one way out, that was to kill another student. It wasn't something anyone wanted to think about, but it couldn't be ignored either. Especially since there was the possibility that one of the students could be thinking of killing someone right now when given the chance.

Everyone was also given a digital notebook that displays their information, as well as a map of the school. While checking out the rules of on the digital notebook, Aoi and Sakura rejoined the group that was still on the gym floor. 

"Sorry everyone. Nothing over here." Says Aoi.

"Same here." Says Owada as he then kicks the podium.

"Bah! Don't lose heart friends! If we persevere the way out is bound to present itself!" Said Kiyotaka.

"I'm with captain pep talk. Better to stay positive than spin our wheels." Says Aoi.

"I agree." Said Sakura.

"Yeah fine. Leave no stone unturned right?" Says Leon.

"I prefer to search alone." Said Byakuya.

Byakuya's statement caused almost everyone to look at him and gasp. Leon and Mondo then rejoined the group.

"Think that's smart?" Junko asked.

"I do yes. Considering one or more of you might already be planning my untimely demise." Says Byakuya as he then starts to walk towards the exit.

"I get your reasoning, but going alone could also be bad for you." Y/N said, obviously against the idea of going alone.

"I appreciate the concern, but I will still search alone." Byakuya says while continuing to walk away.

"Oh come on." Says Sayaka.

"Only a fool would deny it." Said Byakuya.

Mondo then runs up to Byakuya and gets right in front of him.

"Whoa there pal. You can't just do whatever you want." Says Mondo.

"Out of my way narwal." Byakuya says in an annoyed tone.

"Ohh, your paranoia is about to be right on." Mondo says while sounding a bit pissed off.

Mondo then cracked his knuckles and looked like he was about to knock out Byakuya. Y/N put the bracelet on and was about to step in to stop it, but Makoto ran up to them to stop it before Y/N could.

"Hold up guys. The last thing we want to do it fight." Said Makoto.

Mondo then looked at Makoto and then seemed to turn his anger towards him. Clearly he had some anger issues by the looks of it.

"Say what? The hell you think you are punk? You wanna lecture me? Give me a lesson on teamwork?!" Mondo said as he was even more angry than before.

"No I..." Makoto said as he put is hands up.

"Shut up!" Said Mondo.

Makoto had stepped back to not get close to him, but it didn't help as Mondo punched him right in the face, knocking him out cold. Everyone gasped then Mondo looked at Byakuya, ready to knock him out as well.

"Calm down, Mondo. You already knocked out Naegi, no need to drop someone else now." Y/N said as he walked towards him.

"Oh, I see. Guess I'll have to teach you a lesson as well!" Mondo said as he looked at Y/N.