Chapter 7: A Glimmer of Hope

It was the day after Mondo's trial, just like before, everyone met up in the cafeteria. Well, almost everyone. Aoi was not feeling well which got Sakura concerned for her. Toko and Byakuya were also missing as well. Y/N sat with Mukuro, but you kept glancing at Kiyotaka. He hasn't said a word since Y/N spoke to him last night. He had a blank stare on his face. After everyone was talking, Yasuhiro spoke up.

"Alright, well since Taka isn't feeling well. I'll step up and take charge since I am the oldest." Said Yasuhiro

"Oh... alright then." Said Y/N.

"I'll be a good leader, trust me. Anyways, I say we should spend the whole day searching the entire school." Said Yasuhiro.

"Searching?" Said Makoto.

"Well yeah, the class trial is over right." Said Yasuhiro.

"You mean there should be new places for us to investigate." Said Sakura.

"That's right, I forgot that Monokuma said that after each trial." Said Y/N.

"Yeah, maybe we will find a clue this time." Said Yasuhiro.

"We should start investigating then." Said Kyoko.

Everyone made their way towards the staircase that led to the third floor that was gated off. This time however, it wasn't blocked off like before. It was open and accessible now. Everyone made their way up to the third floor, going from room to room to look for any clues that might be useful. 

The third floor contained the rec room which had a pool table and dart board along with a magazine rack. It didn't really have much in it aside from that. There was also the art room. Hifumi was the most excited about this room more than everyone else. The storage room inside contained tools for sculpting and other supplies. Still nothing that caught anyone's eye. What did catch Y/N's eye was physics lab. When entering the lab, Y/N knew the giant machine in the middle was an air purifier. It was odd seeing one here, but it was interesting for him to see. The storage closet also didn't provide much either. 

After searching for what seemed like a long time, everyone came to an agreement that there wasn't a way out on that floor

After searching for what seemed like a long time, everyone came to an agreement that there wasn't a way out on that floor. Y/N and Mukuro were going to leave with the rest of the students, however, Kyoko stopped them.

"Y/N, Junko. Mind if I have a word with you two?" Said Kyoko

Y/N and Mukuro stop and look at her.

"What do you want to discuss?" Said Y/N.

"I remember Celestia noticing you two have gotten along after Junko's outburst with Monokuma. You two have also gotten really close as well. You two are hiding something, and I want to know what it is." Said Kyoko.

Y/N had looked at Mukuro. She just looked at Kirigiri with a blank expression. Y/N knew he had to say something or else Kyoko would keep pressing on about it.