Chapter 8: A Strange Search

After discovering Alter Ego, and then having him taken away, Y/N was up early as usual the next day. Y/N remembered that Byakuya had mentioned the possibility of a traitor with in the group. Y/N got dressed and went to the dining hall, meeting up with the usual people that were always there in the morning. Well, almost the usual bunch. Kyoko was there and Kiyotaka was not. The four of them talked until Makoto had joined them. No one else showed up.

"Where is everyone else?" Said Makoto.

"Not sure. I just got here a bit ago." Said Y/N.

"Let's wait for a bit until the others get here." Said Sakura.

With that, the five of them waited for about an hour. Still, no one else showed up. Y/N was getting worried about Mukuro. Kyoko knew that as well. 

"So, it's been about an hour now." Said Aoi.

"Why haven't the others shown up yet? We all agreed to look for Alter Ego together." Said Y/N.

"Something must've happened." Said Kyoko.

"Huh? You don't mean..." Said Makoto.

"The motive right?" Said Y/N.

"Yes. I was careless and was too focused on Alter Ego. Monokuma gave us a motive. There's no way something wouldn't happen eventually." Said Kyoko.

"We need to find them quickly." Said Sakura.

"We need to split up and cover more ground. Ogami, I'd like you to check the dorm rooms. Naegi, please check the first floor of the school. I'll check the second floor. Y/N, can you and Asahina check the third floor." Said Kyoko.

"Yeah, sure. Let's get going." Said Y/N.

Y/N and Aoi ran for the stairs leading up to the third floor. Aoi would be ahead of Y/N most of the time. She was an athlete so this wasn't much of a surprise to him. Y/N and Aoi split up right when they both got to the third floor. Y/N didn't even look around when he got there.

"Mukuro, please be okay." Y/N said to himself.

"Somebody help!" Aoi yelled at the top of her lungs.

"Hina!" Said Y/N as he ran towards her.

You then ran towards where you heard her scream. You entered the rec room and saw Celestia on the ground. There was a bit of a mark on her head.

"What happened?" Said Y/N.

"I don't know. I just found her like this." Said Asahina.

Y/N went to Celestia and placed his hand on her wrist to try and see if she wasn't dead. Makoto and Sakura had arrived a few seconds later.

"Hina, what happened?" Said Sakura.

"Is she...?" Said Makoto.

"No, she is fine. She was probably knocked out by someone." Said Y/N.

Celestia then started to groan in pain, slowly opening her eyes to see Y/N and the others. She then slowly got up and was holding her head.

"I was... stupid." Said Celestia.

"What happened?" Said Makoto.

"I was... attacked by a strange man. They went to great lengths to hide their face, then struck me with that." Said Celestia as she points to the hammer on the ground.

"Justice Hammer 1?" Said Makoto.

"That just looks like a toy. But, it is a real hammer. When were you attacked?" Said Y/N as he picked up the hammer.