Part 1

"I mean this guy is super hot, and he's out there cleaning the pool shirtless like the beginning of some bad porno. Am I going to have to tip him with sex or something? I don't know if I could do something like that." Jisung said on the phone with Jeongin. "Jisung, you went out there to get off the internet and touch some grass, please go do that right now." Jeongin said. "I can't do that! He's out there!" Jisung said. Jeongin sighed loudly over the phone before saying "I didn't mean literally... God, anyway, he is not your pool boy, he's the guy you are renting the Airbnb from and you already paid him up front to take care of any maintenance needed for the grounds dumbass." "But does he have to be shirtless? I mean he's crazy hot, do you want me to snap a picture of him and send it to you?" Jisung said, peeking out from behind a wall in the hallway, worrying that he would see him looking. The entire wall of the living room was glass, looking out to the pool and large backyard that backed up to a dock over the water. "No, please don't take a picture of him Jisung, just ignore him and get to work on the novel. You are out there to get away from distractions and write." Jeongin said annoyed.

      "I get you have to say that because you are my editor, but you wouldn't be saying that if you could see this guy. He's not somebody you can easily ignore. He's like the most gorgeous guy I have ever seen." Jisung said, stepping out fully from behind the wall and staring through the glass at the man's sweat glistened abs. Jeongin starts "Ok, let's think about this logically, you say you can't just ignore him so what are you going to do? Proposition him for sex? Let's say for argument's sake that he's down, y'all have one super hot night together..." "Ok, ok, I like where this is going." Jisung interrupts. "Stay with me here, after that, then what? You are supposed to stay there the whole summer, are y'all going to start dating or something?" Jeongin said. "Dating? No I don't think so, I don't know him at all and he lowkey kind of scares me a little. Like if you don't hear from me for a couple days, come check on me kind of thing." Jisung said. "Geez you really read and write too much horror... Are you scared of him or do you want him to fuck you? Which is it?" Jeongin asked. "Why can't it be both?" Jisung asked. "I'm hanging up the phone now Jisung. Please just get back to writing." Jeongin said exasperated as he ended the call.

      Jisung knew Jeongin was right. He was his best friend and editor, he was always right, but Jisung had a tendency not to see the logical side of things. He was a creative type, a dreamer, he liked to let his imagination run wild and it often got him into trouble. This trait of Jisung's was great for his line of work, if only he knew how to focus it in order to use it to his advantage. Instead, he often got distracted, leading him to where he was now. In a rented lake house, smack in the middle of Texas, paid up for the whole summer, with no refunds. He had been in a funk, plagued by writer's block, when his editor and friend Jeongin had suggested he take some time in nature to clear his head and hopefully find some inspiration. He found the place on Airbnb, an app where individuals could rent out their own property in different ways. They could simply rent a room in their home, the whole home or a separate attachment to the home entirely. Jisung snagged a deal on the whole house for the summer if he was fine with the owner staying on the property in the garage apartment adjacent to the house. Knowing that he would surely need the whole summer to finish his novel, Jisung agreed, since it was separate he assumed it would be fine and he would never have to interact with the man.

      Earlier that day when he pulled up to the secluded lake house, he could feel his creative juices flowing already. Most would view the scene as quiet and peaceful but as Jisung stepped out into the warm summer breeze, he couldn't help but feel that it was an eerie, unnatural silence, like the calm before a storm. 'Oh yeah. This place is perfect.' Jisung thought as he opened the trunk of his SUV and began to get out his luggage. One of his smaller bags fell between the trunk and back seat area so he climbed into the car to try and reach it. Suddenly a man's voice came from behind him saying "Do you need any help?" Jisung was startled by the sudden voice and jumped, hitting his head against the roof of the car. "Shit!" Jisung said, holding his head. "I'm sorry, did I scare you?" the man said. Jisung finally managed to turn around, still holding his hand to his head. Jisung blinked rapidly as he made eye contact with the man, not believing what he was seeing. The man had piercing brown eyes that looked as if they were staring into his soul. A perfect nose, high cheekbones and rosy pink, pouty lips. The wind blew his brown hair majestically as Jisung continued staring. "I'm Minho, can I help you out of there?" He said, reaching out his hand. 'Minho? Why does that sound familiar?... Oh right, that's the owner's name.' Jisung thought as he took Minho's hand and slid out of the trunk.