Part 10

Both the end of summer and Jisung's novel was inching closer and closer and Jisung couldn't help but begin to feel anxious for some reason. The purpose of him staying there had been a total success in lighting his writing fire again but things had become complicated by Minho's involvement. One night Jisung was sitting at his desk facing the backyard typing on his laptop when he happened to look up and see something on the ground behind Minho's garage. He squinted as he tried to make out what it was in the dark. His face dropped as he realized it was Minho. He quickly ran over in the dark in just his house slippers and called out to him "Minho! Are you ok? Did you pass out?" Minho sat up to look at Jisung's worried expression. "I'm fine, what the hell? Why did you run out here in your slippers?" Minho asked, confused. "Don't what the hell me! I am the one that should be saying 'what the hell'! I saw you sprawled out in the grass in the dark! I thought you fainted or something! What are you doing?" "I was stressed so I came out here to look at the stars." Minho said nonchalantly. Jisung slapped his own forehead and pushed his hair back as he said exasperatedly "Of course, I should have known it was something ridiculous." "I don't know why you question me at this point. Just come down here and see for yourself." Minho said as he laid back against the grass. Jisung looked down at Minho's beautiful face in the moonlight and couldn't say no. Jisung sat down on the grass carefully beside him. Minho pulled the back of Jisung's shirt for him to lay down. "But the bugs..." Jisung said with a disgusted face. Minho rolled his eyes and put his hands behind his head as he looked up at the sky.

       Jisung sighed loudly but eventually laid back against the grass. "When I am stressed, I come out here and lay against the grass and look up at all the stars and it reminds me that we are so small in this universe, and therefore what I am struggling with is so small too. It helps me put things in perspective. I get lost thinking about what is all out there. Thinking about how there might even be intelligent life forms out there looking down at me helps me remember there are things beyond what I know, things I can't control or understand no matter how much I want to." Minho said. Jisung looked up at the vast sky above them filled with countless bright stars. "When I look at the night sky, sometimes I feel like I am the alien, sent here for some unknown reason, and I am just searching for my way back home, like I am not supposed to be here." Jisung said seriously. Minho turned his head towards him and said "You are supposed to be here Jisung." Jisung felt a hitch in his throat as he turned his head towards Minho. Minho reached up his hand and caressed Jisung's cheek softly. Jisung felt tears begin to well up in his eyes as he quickly sat up and got up off of the ground. Minho sat up on the ground and said "Why do you keep running away from me?" Jisung turned back to Minho as he said frustratedly "Why do you keep running towards me?" "Jisung..." Minho said in a pleading voice. "Just... stop. I am tired. I am going to sleep." Jisung said as he walked off towards the house. Minho squeezed his eyes shut tightly as he fell back against the grass.

       "Jeongin! I was half joking about thinking Minho was a serial killer but now I am almost positive! I saw something, what should I do?!" Jisung said wildly over the phone the next morning. "What are you talking about? Slow down." Jeongin said. "I saw Minho throwing away a bloody tarp in the trash can earlier!" Jisung yelled. "Geez Jisung, I thought we were past this ridiculousness. I can't remember the last time you called me with this bullcrap. You are just distracting yourself from the real problem again, when's the last time you talked with your therapist?" Jeongin said frustratedly. "What? Jerry stopped answering my calls after the second or third time I called him about this stuff." Jisung replied. "Jerry is not your therapist Jisung! He is just the receptionist at your therapist's office! You have got to stop calling him!" Jeongin yelled. "I can't help it if Jerry is just easier to talk to! Anyway, I don't need to talk to my therapist. I am not distracting myself from anything, I am freaking out because I am staying next to a serial killer!" Jisung said exasperatedly over the phone. Jeongin took a deep breath before saying "Ok Jisung, just tell me again what you saw." "I saw Minho carrying a white tarp all balled up with blood splattered on it, he was disposing of the evidence in the garbage cans. In fact, I am going to go out there and take a picture of the trash to prove it to you! But stay on the line because I am scared." Jisung said as he headed out the door cautiously towards the garage. "Jisung, this has got to be the most ridiculous story your imagination has come up with yet. You are going to have to wake up and face the truth one of these days." Jeongin said.