Part 6

Ever since the cliff diving, Jisung had been writing up a storm and was churning out chapters daily. It had been a whole week and he would see Minho around but they wouldn't interact too much. Minho seemed busy with his own work, always in the garage working loudly with hammers and power tools. Jisung's curiosity got the best of him one day as he walked over to the garage. He walked up and peeked in the small windows at the top of the garage. Suddenly Minho turned to face Jisung with a power saw in his hand. Jisung got startled by getting caught and became unbalanced on his tippy toes and fell backwards. Minho suddenly came out wearing a work belt full of tools and ran over to Jisung. "Are you alright?" Minho said as he helped Jisung off the ground. "Sorry my hands are a little dirty." Minho added. Jisung had held Minho's hand like that multiple times at this point but for some reason this time felt different as he looked down at it. It was like he was acutely aware of how Minho's fingers felt wrapped around his and he didn't want him to let go. But eventually Minho let go of Jisung and said "I saw you in the window, did you want to see what I am working on?" "Sure." Jisung said letting go of his previous fear of being alone in Minho's garage with him despite the knowledge of all the power tools he had in there. Jisung was slowly but surely trying to get over his Minho serial killer theory.

       Once in the garage Jisung looked around to see a lot of half finished furniture pieces. A table to one side, and cut chair pieces beside it. In the middle of the garage on top of a tarp sat what looked like it could be a vanity without the mirror. "This is what I have been working on lately, it's almost finished but I had to wait for the paint to dry a little so I was working on another project." Minho said, gesturing to the piece in the middle of the garage. "So this is how you make a living?" Jisung asked. "Yeah, I make handmade furniture and sell it in town." Minho said as he wiped his hands off on a rag. There was high energy dance music playing in the background and Jisung asked "This is what you listen to while you work?" "It's a mixed playlist, there are some chill songs and some upbeat ones. Like this one is good for dancing." Minho said as he began to pop and lock. Jisung's eyes widened at Minho's impressive dance moves as he said "Wait, so you make furniture and you can dance?..." "Like Magic Mike..." Jisung added under his breath. "What was that?" Minho asked. "Oh nothing, I was just saying I am surprised you can dance." Jisung said. "Why is that surprising?" Minho asked. "Well I don't know, you are just super manly like making furniture with your hands, smashing shit with hammers and cliff diving." Jisung replied. "What does being 'manly' have to do with being good at dancing?" Minho asked, laughing. "Nothing really but for some reason I don't usually correlate the two." Jisung replied, laughing nervously.

       "So what is this piece?" Jisung added, changing the subject. "It's a vanity for a little girl in the city. After I am done painting it I will put the mirror in. Actually, would you like to help me finish it?" Minho asked, smiling. "Huh? How could I help?" Jisung asked. "Well as you know, Lake Travis is not too far from downtown Austin and I do a lot of work there. As I am sure you have heard, Austin people are known for being 'weird' and real artsy so they go crazy for my splatter paint work." Minho said. "Splatter paint?" Jisung asked. "It's exactly how it sounds, it's literally just different colored paints splattered onto a canvas or in this case, furniture. So even you could do it, and it is pretty fun too." Minho said. "Ok... Why not." Jisung said. "Really? Usually you take a lot more convincing." Minho said surprised. "That's because you are usually asking me to try crazy or dangerous things." Jisung said, laughing. "When you put it that way I sound like some kind of bad boy. Is that what you think of me?" Minho asked. "The jury is still out." Jisung replied, smirking. Minho chuckled and handed Jisung a purple paint container. "Alright, she wants pink and purple paint splatters all over it. You can use a brush..." Minho said as he demonstrated by dipping a medium sized paint brush into his pink paint container and slinging the paint off of the end onto the vanity. "Or what looks the best in my opinion is using your hands. It's also the most fun way." Minho added as he dipped his hand into the pink paint and threw a handful of it at the vanity. Jisung's eyes widened at Minho just full sending his hand into the paint. "You don't even use gloves?" Jisung asked.