Part 5

As Jisung rode shotgun in Minho's truck he wondered how he managed to get himself in a vehicle again with the man he suspects could be secretly a psycho killer, driving to an unknown destination. Jisung didn't know if he was being just plain dumb or if he was enjoying the thrill of it but he was going with the flow, something he did not often do. 'I mean, he could still be a serial killer, I won't mark it off my list but thus far he has shown he has no ill will towards me so...' Jisung's thoughts began to trail off as he finally saw where Minho was driving them to. Jisung had been so lost in his thoughts that he hadn't realized they had been steadily driving more uphill and were now parked at a cliff overlooking a huge part of the lake. 'I spoke too soon. He has brought me here to push me off the cliff and make it look like an accident. Oh God please no, I am too young to die!' Jisung thought as he began to sweat.

"What are we doing here Minho?" Jisung asked shakily. "Best way to live in the moment, and feel alive is with a little danger." Minho said, smirking. "I'm good." Jisung said quickly. "Come on, just hear me out." Minho said laughing as he got out of the truck. Everything inside Jisung told him to stay in the truck but he watched as Minho walked closer to the edge of the cliff and pulled off his shirt. 'Well maybe I could go over there and at least see what he is talking about...' Jisung thought as he got out of the car. Jisung scooted towards the cliff and peered over quickly to see the lake far below them, he then practically ran away from the edge. "Why did you bring me up here? I don't like heights!" Jisung said almost yelling because of the fear welling up inside of him. "I don't like heights either, terrified of them really but you have probably heard the saying 'Do one thing every day that scares you' and maybe I don't do something that scares me everyday but I really do try to live by that." Minho said.

"Why?" Jisung asked. "I don't know, the rush reminds me that I am alive." Minho replied. "I don't need to feel alive, I just am, and I would like to stay that way." Jisung said, backing further away from the cliff. "What's the point of being alive if you don't feel alive. Come on! When's the last time you got your heart rate up, your blood pumping? When's the last time you felt any kind of rush at all? I don't really know you and I am not asking you to change how you live your life all at once but I am trying to give you some advice to take a small step of faith. I am almost certain you will love it, and you will never know until you try." Minho said as he extended his hand towards Jisung. Jisung walked closer to the edge slowly as he looked down again. He backed up a little as he shut his eyes tight. "Can you trust me?" Minho asked as he extended his hand to Jisung again. Jisung gulped as he peeled off his shirt and grabbed Minho's hand. "I think I am going to regret this but... I guess I will trust you." Jisung said, taking a deep breath.

Minho smiled as he said "We will get a running start and jump together on '3' okay?" 'No, not okay. None of this is okay. Why am I doing this?' Jisung thought. Minho's words played on a loud speaker in his mind 'What's the point of being alive if you don't feel alive.' Maybe there was some truth to what he was saying. They held each other's hand tight as they ran towards the edge of the cliff as Minho counted from 1. When they reached the end Minho yelled 3 and they jumped together, flailing over the edge still hand in hand. Jisung felt like he was suspended in time as he fell in what felt like slow motion towards the clear lake. The wind blew his hair back and he could feel his heart racing as he came closer and closer to the water. He let go of Minho's hand some time after the jump and positioned himself to dive down into the water. As he made impact with the water and dove down, he felt a quiet peace.

As he swam up to the surface he whipped his head back laughing and cheering immediately as he could take a breath. The adrenaline was coursing through his veins as he leapt onto Minho in the water, pulling them both down for a moment until he wrapped his arms around Minho and they stabilized. They both laughed, hooting and hollering towards the sky in pure joy as they held each other. Minho engulfed Jisung into his arms in the water and Jisung grasped the sides of Minho's face as he exclaimed "I did it! I'm alive! I feel so alive!" As he grinned inches from his face he could feel Minho's skin getting hot against his hands. Minho's eyes burned with something like desire and for a moment Jisung let the thought of kissing him flop around in his mind before quickly coming back to reality and letting go of him. Minho reluctantly let go of Jisung too and they swam back to shore together.

'That was weird... it must have been the adrenaline and the blood rushing to...everywhere... but I really almost kissed him... and he seemed to want me to...' Jisung thought as he climbed out of the water and they made their hike back up to where the truck was. They put their shirts back on and Minho asked "You sure you don't want to go again one more time before we go?" "Uh yeah I'm sure. It was fun and a rush but it also totally messed up my ears so no more for today." Jisung said as he smacked the side of his head as if he was trying to hit the water out the other side. Minho laughed and they both got in the truck. As they drove they reached the long stretch of road leading back to the house and Jisung said "Step on the gas." He rolled down the window and smiled at Minho. Minho grinned as he sped up on the empty road. Jisung stuck half his body out the window and let the wind blow his damp hair completely dry as he yelled "I jumped off a cliff today!" He closed his eyes and smiled brightly as he felt the warm breeze against his face. It felt like he was flying and after the day he had, he felt elated.

Minho laughed and pulled Jisung back into the truck as he said "Alright Rover, you are leaning pretty far, I don't want you to fall out." "Hey it was ok for you to hang out that far but not me?" Jisung asked, laughing. "I guess I care more about you than myself." Minho said laughing before realizing the kind of statement he just made. Jisung's hand went up to his mouth and he tried to hide his blushing face. Minho cleared his throat as he said nervously "I just meant I worry about you more than me because you don't have as much experience doing it..." "Nah, nah, I heard you. You are madly in love with me, it's okay, I totally get it. I am irresistible." Jisung joked, trying to lighten the mood. Minho turned beet red as he gripped the steering wheel tighter. Jisung giggled to himself at the flustered Minho.