Part 12

A few weeks had passed and the end of summer was just around the corner, and with the end of summer came the end of Jisung renting the lake house. They had been staying together in the lake house the last few weeks. It felt like it had accelerated their bond faster than a regular relationship since they were basically living together. Because of this though, Jisung became increasingly anxious about the end of his summer lease. He had grown attached to Minho, having him around, waking up to him. When the lease was up he would have to return to his apartment in Houston, 3 hours away. He had just started becoming comfortable with Minho, and the realization that what they had was special and could last had finally sunk in. He had avoided a serious relationship for 3 years since the passing of Jake but he finally found someone that made him not want to avoid it anymore. Someone he felt himself falling for more each day. They hadn't discussed it exactly but they had been living like they were dating so would that continue when Jisung had to leave? Jisung began to worry that things would change if they had to do long distance.

       Jisung and Minho had been working on building a bench together for the last few weeks and it was finally finished. "I can't believe you let me help you build a bench. Who is it going to?" Jisung asked, brushing his hair out of his face and subsequently smearing paint across his forehead. Minho scoffed at Jisung not even noticing what he had done and said "You are a mess. It's not going to anyone, it's staying here. I am going to replace the old one on the dock with it. You really think I would give away something we worked on together?" "Of course I didn't think you were going to give it away!... I thought you were going to sell it." Jisung said, laughing. Minho rolled his eyes before laughing too. "There's one more thing we have to do on it first." Minho said as he turned his back to mess with some things on the table near them. "We can not have sex on it Minho, the paint is still wet." Jisung said. Minho turned back around with his palm covered in pink paint and a brush covered in purple paint in his other hand. "Your mind is always in the gutter. Give me your hand." Minho said. Jisung raised his eyebrow at Minho as he extended his hand towards him with his palm facing upwards. Minho quickly used the paint brush to smear purple paint all over Jisung's hand as he said "Now I know this is super cheesy and mushy but bare with me, I want us to put our hand prints on the back... in the shape of a heart."

       Jisung tried to hold in his smile but it began to peak through. "Are you laughing??" Minho asked, embarrassed. Jisung blushed as he said "No, you just surprise me sometimes with how cute you can be." He lined up his hand forming the heart with Minho as they pressed their handprints onto the back of the bench. "Having my handprint on your dock bench forever is pretty serious..." Jisung said, smirking. "Yeah... things are getting pretty serious with my boyfriend." Minho said, looking at Jisung coyly. Jisung's heart skipped a beat at the word. "Boyfriend?" Jisung asked, blushing again. "I know we haven't really talked about that so I thought I would just slip it in casually. How did I do?" Minho said. "Very smooth." Jisung said teasing flirtatiously. "Come here, boyfriend." Jisung added, grabbing Minho's face and pulling him into a kiss. Minho scrunched his nose as they kissed and pulled away whining "Not the paint hand!" Jisung smirked at the sight of his purple hand print on Minho's cheek. "Just marking my territory." Jisung said laughing. Minho grabbed Jisung's face and kissed him, leaving his pink handprint on his face this time. Jisung pressed his tongue against the inside of his cheek before smirking and saying "You keep kissing me like that and we are going to have to go somewhere where the paint isn't wet." Minho raised his eyebrows as he reached his hand to Jisung's face again and pulled him into a slow kiss, teasing his tongue inside Jisung's mouth. Jisung moaned softly into Minho's mouth and Minho pulled away smiling.

       "Should we go to our room?" Minho asked with hungry eyes. "No, it's too far, let's just go upstairs." Jisung said, pawing at Minho's chest. "Ok." Minho smiled as he grabbed Jisung's hand and led him towards the stairs to the garage apartment. Jisung pulled back on Minho's hand as he whined "No. Carry me like you did the first time we did it." "Up the stairs?" Minho asked. Jisung looked up at Minho with puppy dog eyes and Minho soon melted and picked up Jisung saying "Why do I always let you get your way?" "Because you love me." Jisung said, nuzzling his face into Minho's neck as he carried him up the stairs. Jisung's eyes widened as he realized what he said... the 'L' word... There was a brief moment of silence after what Jisung said that felt like an eternity. "Yeah I do." Minho said seriously as he looked into Jisung's eyes as he continued ascending the stairs. He looked down again to make sure he wouldn't lose his footing as he carried Jisung. Jisung studied the side of Minho's face, his eyes darting all around his features as the words on the tip of his tongue surprised even himself. "I love you too." Jisung finally said. The words felt foreign coming out of his mouth and for a moment he felt a sense of dread and guilt wash over him only to be brought back by Minho's soft kiss on his lips. Jisung dissolved into Minho's kiss and all the negative thoughts and feelings that were creeping in disappeared.