Part 3

Neither of them tried to scare each other that day. Jisung had cooked up a plan to wait until nightfall the next day in order to get Minho when he least expected it. He watched through the window as Minho walked from his garage apartment to take trash out to the street. 'This is my chance to scare him on his way back.' Jisung thought as he hurriedly got his shoes on and crept slowly outside to position himself behind a bush near the garage. As Minho came back from the street, Jisung jumped out from behind the bush, yelling to try and startle him. But Minho didn't react at all and instead grabbed Jisung and pressed him against the wall forcefully. Minho wrapped his fingers around Jisung's throat lightly. Jisung gulped before saying "T-this doesn't scare me... it's not like you are going to kill me or something." "How do you know I won't?" Minho said as he glared into Jisung's eyes. "You told me you weren't a killer." Jisung replied shakily. "And isn't that exactly what you said a murderer would say?" Minho said as he slightly tightened his grasp around Jisung's throat and moved in closer, pinning him harder against the wall.

      'I don't know if I'm scared, aroused or both.' Jisung thought as he looked at Minho's face so close to his. "O-ok you got me, you're kind of scaring me..." Jisung said even more shakily as he realized he really didn't know Minho and what he was capable of. Minho released his grip around Jisung's neck and backed away from him as he chuckled saying "I win." He had never put any kind of force that could really hurt him but still Jisung rubbed his neck where Minho's hand was before as he said "Y-yeah you did, geez for a second there I really thought you were going to choke me." "For a second there, you really looked like you liked it." Minho said, smirking. Jisung's eyes widened and his face turned beet red. "Do you have a choking kink? Is that why you are so into horror?" Minho joked. "What? No!" Jisung replied, blushing furiously. "Hey, it's okay, I don't kink shame." Minho said laughing. "I don't have a choking kink." Jisung said more firmly this time. 'It's not the choking I am attracted to... it's you.' Jisung thought as he continued to try and calm his body and mind down. "Alright, alright, I believe you. Now when will you be skinny dipping?" Minho asked with a mischievous smirk on his face.

      They walked down to the lake together and Jisung got nervous as he looked out at the pitch black water. "I haven't even gone in this water during the day and you want me to jump in there when I can barely even see anything... and butt naked on top of that!" Jisung said as he turned to Minho whose face was only barely illuminated by the moonlight. "I mean... a bet is a bet... you agreed." Minho said, trying to hold in a laugh. "So what do I do?..." Jisung asked. "You have never skinny dipped before?" Minho asked. Jisung shook his head. "Oh, well it's pretty simple, you just strip naked and then jump in." Minho said laughing. "I...just strip right here?..." Jisung asked gulping as he looked at Minho. "I mean it's not like I can really see anything out here in the dark but I can turn around till you jump in if you want." Minho said. "Uh... yeah turn around... please." Jisung said nervously. Minho tried to contain his smile as he looked at the cute and shy Jisung. "Ok." Minho said as he turned around. Jisung pulled his shirt off and unbuttoned his pants as he kept an eye on Minho, making sure he wasn't turning around.

      "I'm cold already, why did I agree to this?! Ok I'm going to jump in, don't turn around till you hear the splash." Jisung said as he ran towards the end of the dock. "Uh huh." Minho said but he didn't wait and turned around to see Jisung's pale buttcheeks as he jumped into the water. Minho blushed and covered his mouth trying not to laugh. "AH! IT'S SO COLD!" Jisung yelled as his head came up out of the water gasping for air. Minho laughed as he began stripping his shirt off and unbuttoning his pants. "What are you doing?!" Jisung said blushing as he quickly turned away from Minho in the water. "It looks like fun." Minho said, smirking before jumping in the water. Jisung turned back to Minho as he came up for air yelling "Fuck! It is cold!" Jisung and Minho looked at each other in the low light of the moon for a second before they both burst out laughing. Their laughter carried through the cool night air as they seemed unable to stop. "I can't believe you made me jump in here just to do it yourself!" Jisung said as he splashed Minho. Minho laughed as he splashed Jisung back.

      Jisung smiled widely looking at Minho. 'I don't even know this guy and now we are skinny dipping together. What am I doing? This is not like me...' Jisung thought. He didn't know what was happening or why he was acting the way he was but whatever it was, it felt good. He was confused but excited by this new side of himself that Minho seemed to be unlocking. "Ok but how do we get out of here because my balls are literally going to freeze off." Jisung asked as his teeth chattered. "Such a baby, it's not that cold, you are acting like it's winter or something." Minho said laughing. "Just answer the question!" Jisung said. "Hmm, well if you are so cold, you can get out first." Minho said, raising his eyebrows as he gestured for Jisung to go ahead. "Uh no thanks, I don't trust you." Jisung said. "What? Do you think I am some kind of pervert?" Minho asked. "Well you did strip naked and jump in the water after me." Jisung said teasing. "Hey I just wanted to come in the water, not everything is about you. Besides, if I was some kind of pervert, wouldn't I have tried to make a move by now?" Minho said swimming slightly closer to Jisung. Jisung gulped as he swam towards the dock and said "Ok, I will go first but you have to turn around again." "Of course." Minho said smiling as he turned in the water.

      Jisung got out of the water and pulled his pants on quickly over his wet body and instinctively said "Ok." Minho turned around and Jisung squealed, covering his chest. "You said ok! Also why are you squealing? You are just shirtless." Minho said laughing as he swam to the dock and began pulling himself out of the water. It was so dark that Jisung wouldn't have been able to see anything anyway but still he quickly turned around and began walking towards the house. "Uh... I am going to go back to the house... see you around." Jisung called out awkwardly as he continued walking towards the house. 'See you around? Geez Jisung... awkward much?' Jisung thought as he reached the house. 'I can't believe we were both naked, mere feet apart and nothing happened. Jeongin would be so proud of me. Well... He might not like that I got in that situation in the first place. He would tell me to just focus on the novel... better not to tell him.' Jisung thought to himself.

      The next day Jisung reclined in a lounge chair by the pool with his laptop. 'I wonder if there should be a pool at the cabin in my story... Maybe the man's daughter could have tragically drowned in a pool due to his neglect and her ghost has come back to haunt him? No, I don't think I want to write about ghosts. People. Yeah... people are much scarier because it's realistic. The readers don't want to think the quiet man next door to them is a murderer but he very well could be and that's the scariest thing of all...' Jisung thought as he brainstormed ideas for his novel. He found his eyes wandering towards the garage apartment. 'Come on Jisung, don't let your mind wander... Minho is not secretly a serial killer, you are just letting your imagination run away from you again. He's just a little peculiar. Focus! This is about the book, nothing else.' Jisung thought as he stared at his computer screen.

      'Maybe if I got to know him more, some more information about him then he wouldn't seem so mysterious.' Jisung thought, getting distracted again and setting his laptop down beside him. He looked toward the garage apartment again when his phone suddenly started ringing. He picked up "Hey Jeongin, buddy, what's up?" "Buddy? You haven't written a single page have you? You only call me buddy when you have done something wrong." Jeongin said annoyed over the phone. "What? No, I actually have a few pages written, you were right about this place being good for me." Jisung said. "And you're admitting that I was right... Yeah there is definitely something going on. You gotta stay focused Jisung. Please tell me this doesn't have to do with that owner guy again." Jeongin said. "You tell me I jump to conclusions and let my mind run wild, when you are the real paranoid one. Nothing is going on, I am working on the book, I swear." Jisung said as he closed the laptop and walked over towards the garage apartment with his phone to his ear and his laptop in the other hand. "Don't let yourself get distracted by something unrelated to the book Jisung." Jeongin said. "I mean it's not completely unrelated..." Jisung said trailing off as he stood on his tippy toes trying to peer into the tiny windows at the top of the garage door. "What? Jisung! What are you getting wrapped up in now?!" Jeongin said. "Service is bad out here Innie, gotta let you go now. Bye!!" Jisung said, hanging up the phone and still trying to see into the garage.