CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE: BLISTERS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

White lights, beeping, the most annoying things ever. "Kennedy?" Someone hovered over me. I opened up my eyes a bit more, taking in the full view of Kazansky. "Oh thank god," he smiled, brushing hair out of my face. I tried to squint my eyes, but that just made everything hurt a whole hell of a lot

"Tom," I mumbled, attempting to sit up. When I did, everything hurt. I mean everything hurts. I was in a bra and a tight pair of shorts. My whole body was red, and I had some blisters on my knuckles. "Youre lucky your parachute didn't work," The doctor came in, I was just highly confused. "Another half minute and you would have burned alive." she told me, I just looked confused.

"You mostly have first degree burns on your shoulders and face, mild second degree burns on your torso and legs." the doctor told me. "My parachute didn't work?" I asked, looking at the rest of my body. "You went straight up, then right into the ocean." Tom told me softly. "You also have  a few bruises and cuts on your back, since thats what you landed on from 200 feet." the nurse told me while shoving meds on the side table.

"Ill leave you and your partner be." she left with a swift movement. "Partner?" I asked Tom, confused. "Its the only way I could see you sooner." he said, sitting in a chair. "You really cant resist me, can you?" I asked, a small smile forming on my face. "Dont flatter yourself, youre nothing more than a friend." he said. I just rolled my eyes with a fake smile, but deep down that hurt me like nothing else.

I got up from the bed, almost falling over as I stood up. "Can you hand me my t shirt please?" I basically gasped as the cold metal bards made contact with my skin. "Youre not leaving." he told me. "What are you, my father?" I kinda laughed as I slipped the t shirt over my tender skin. "I wouldn't mind you callin' me daddy," Kazansky joked. I let a small laugh out, then looked over at him. "That's disgusting." he just laughed.

I walked to the mirror in the corner of the room and examined myself. Everything was a light shade of red, except for my hands of course. They were all burnt up and blistered. It was like a never ending sunburn on my entire body.

"It'll go away," Kazansky stepped into the mirror frame. I lifted my shirt up and saw the great big gash in the middle of my back, all stitched up. "Like that's gonna go away," I mumbled, grabbing my dogtags off a hook and putting them on. "Think of it this way, itll be a good story for your kids." Kazansky laughed. "What kids? Im not having those annoying fuckers." I said. He rolled his eyes. "Yeah whatever. You dont seem like the type anyway.'' That made me feel better.

"Kazansky, Collins, Viper wants you." Hollywood said as he saw the two of us. I look at him, my mouth a small way open. I had a t shirt and shorts on, with no shoes... thats not very pleasing at all. I dont feel like being scolded today.

We walked to Vipers office, Kazansky trying to hold in his laugh as he kept looking down at my socks. What an asshole... he probably took my shoes. "Shut up." I told him as we were almost there. "Yes ma'am." he straightened out his face a little and opened the door. Something about the words 'ma'am' made me fucking fall for him harder.

"Collins, I was going to see you in the medic tent." Viper told us. "Seems to me you're tougher than nails." he gave me a small grin. "Have a seat." he instructed, so we took a seat. The cold leather didn't contrast very well with my skin, so I was more focused on when we could leave instead of Vipers words.

Slider came in a few moments later, looking at the both of us and taking a seat beside me. I shifted a bit, not really being fond of him. "You three tied for the winnings," Viper started out. "You all passed with the same exact score, so I think its fair you all got the same thing." Viper said. I gave him a confused look. "What about Mooney?" I asked. He sighed. "Mr. Black was right along with Maverick." he replied, I nodded. Guess getting into fights just comes out back for both sides.

"Dismissed," Viper told us, I got up with a wince and walked out the door. "Nice clothes, Nixon. Didn't know this was the off day!" Slider called at me, his cockiness over the roof now. I turned around and looked him straight in the eye. He may have been 6 foot, but im only two inches shorter. So he can suck it.

"Go to fucking hell, Slider. You dont know shit." I said, looking him straight in the eyes. He let a cocky grin on his face. "Or what?" he asked. I tried digging my nails into my palm. I really did. I just couldn't keep them there. They just had to go across his mouth and have more blood on them!

"You fucking bitch?!" Slider yelled, wiping blood from his mouth. "I guess you'll never smartass me again, will you?" I asked, but Kazansky grabbed my shoulders. "Psycho bitch." Slider told me, but Tom pulled me along and made me walk beside him so no more drama had to happen. His hand stayed on my wrist the entire time until the parking lot, where my feet burned and hurt.

"What's your deal with Slider?" He started his convertible. "He's just a fucking asshole to me." I mumbled, picking at the skin on my knuckles. "You sound like a teenage girl when you say that," he told me. I rolled my eyes. "Whatever." I mumbled, tearing one of the blisters open and letting the fluid drain into a napkin that was in his cup holder. He just rolled his eyes.

"Stoppp." He smacked my hand, making me quit messing with the blisters. "Theyre annoying." I looked over at him. "Stop picking at them." he ran his thumb over the fresh skin. "You'll scar up your hands." he looked down at them, I just yanked my hand away from him. "Why do you care?" I asked him. "I dont want you dealing with complaints from your boyfriends." he said in a 'duh' tone. I just kept quiet. asshole.