CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: NEW ERA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

four months later

"Jesus christ you look good," Tom told me as i walked out of the bathroom with a sundress on. Were on vacation, surprisingly. Its my first vacation and its been fun so far. It was weird being on a plane and looking out the window and not seeing people directing you. First time on an actual airplane, what a surprise.

"Yeah whatever." i said as I looked for a pair of shoes to go along with the outfit. I settled for white flats. It wasn't really my style, but I looked nice. Women who wear dresses are the smartest people on earth. Its the easiest piece of clothing to exist. "Or we just dont have to go," he turned me around and kissed me. I smiled, but it wouldn't be fair for the restaurant to cancel our table if we didn't go.

"Tom." i pushed him back and smiled. "We're going." i said. He lightly rolled his eyes, knowing he wasn't getting a piece of ass for at least a couple hours. "Yes madam." he told me as he put his blazer on and opened the door for me.

He decided to go to Greece, which is actually like a living heaven. It didn't have that crappy look California had to it, and it didn't have the overworked look like Florida. I was just perfect. I liked the limestone buildings and the people there were so nice. They were also gorgeous.

Tom was wearing a white blazer and white shirt with brown pants. It looked good on him. I think the only colors he looks odd in are yellow and orange. Other than that, i think he's the most gorgeous man on the planet. I on the other hand was wearing a red sundress that covered most of the scars on my back. I didn't really feel like showing them off to people.

I let my hair fall naturally on my shoulders. I was used to keeping it straight or pulling it back so much that it hurt. I never really liked how curly hair looked on me, but good ole Tom convinced me to stop straightening it and let it be free. I've got to say, he was right.

"Youre extremely beautiful, you know that right?" Tom put his arm around my shoulders as we walked. "You tell me everyday." i joked back. He gave me a quick kiss to the forehead and smiled. I can never forget that smile. Its so perfect.

"Table for two, Kazansky." He told the hostess. She smiled and led us to a table with two seats facing each other. "Ive never seen country as pretty as this one." I said as i took a sip of water. "Its gorgeous." He agreed. "Reminds me of somebody." he winked. "Reminds me of you." i took a sip of my water. He laughed. "Im flattered." i know. Youre always flattered by me.

The waiter took out orders and brought out a bottle of champagne after we were finished, the good kind too. "Jesus christ youre fancy," I said as he poured me a glass. "Oh i'd do anything for my girl." He told me. Even though ive been with him forever, his comments never failed to make my face go bright red. I didn't know why. Maybe it was because he was the only one to ever say those things to me.

"Now, Kennedy," he said, his words fumbling a bit. He shifted a bit in his seat before continuing. "You know i love you, right?" He said. I smiled. "Love you too, Tom." i said a bit sarcastically. I didn't know what he was getting at, but it was weird for him to just state it out of nowhere. He doesn't usually do that.

"The main difference between us is youre screwing around and my bluntness." I said, taking another sip of the champagne. He rolled his eyes with a smile and stood up, then kneeled down in front of me. "My point is, i wanna marry you." he said. It was a little sarcastic too.

Everyone was looking at the two of us, gasping. My face was red and blank, i didn't know what marriage meant. I didn't know if i was ready for it. People were waiting for a response, and Tom was just sitting there with a ring in his hand staring up at me. It was awkward.

Fuck it.

"Ill marry you." I told him with a smile. His smile grew wider as he picked me up and spun me around in a hug. "I didn't know what size of ring to get you. You have skinny ass fingers," he said as he slid the ring on my fourth finger. "It'll work." I said as it fit almost perfectly. It was a little loose, but that's fine. I'll probably smash my finger somewhere so it swells up.