Chapter XV🦂Remembering Mr. Ink: The Man Of Ink

BFYR: (before you read)
(I assure you 'The Man Of Ink'  isn't scary or bad- somehow, its hard not to draw the rendition of him and make him NOT look creepy- from Marcus and my (Madison's) perspective, it wasn't scary- he wasn't bad, he was a human simply in the bar like everyone else, but because the bar had terrible lighting, he was described as being dark, tall, blotchy, and just inky-looking... like if an ink blot test had an ink blot shaped person, that would be Mr. Ink/The Man Of Ink)

                                       ****
I don't wanna see the wires in the circus anymore... meet me where the light ends.

  There weren't too many occasions that my Father was unable to manage his nerves, but this occasion was in fact one of them and would end up being... the one and only accept-ion. 

"Maybe she went out around the circus grounds perimeter to walk. Should we check there, Marcus?"
The clown with the green hair suggested.

"Tommie, we would already know if Madison was still close. She isn't outside the canvas wall or anywhere close. Madison is far beyond these walls of a sanctuary."
Marcus told Tommie as he rubbed his index finger over his thumb- much like he did in the bar when he was trying to manage his emotions and thoughts.

James' POV
The King was in a state of dismay and many more feelings and thoughts.
He just wanted his child to be home safe!

  Madison was amazing. She was a great friend to me and almost... practically like my little sister.
She had wanted so badly to see Omaha again.
However, she certainly isn't seeing it the way she had imagined or the way we intended.
That thing had been correct. Unfortunately and terrifyingly correct.

Marcus really disliked fostering the thought that the past might repeat itself, that he might loose his child again... or worse.
Truth be told because there are no true secrets here at The Carnival Of Glass, all of us: the family, the gang, the pose, the guys- whatever you may call us: as long as it's truthful, we all had fears. Doesn't everyone?
After all, it all comes out eventually -just as when Marcus told the at the time 'Rainey' that she was his child and he her Father.

"Are we sure she didn't wander off? Did something happen?"
Charlie asked in his usual mellow tone.

"You make it sound like you're accusing me of something, Charlie..."
Marcus retorted.
He didn't like if any words or lines sounded like an accusation- he disliked it even more if it sounded like an accusation that was false.

"I would never, Marcus. You've had me under your employment and wing for more than thirty years. I gave you your hat during The Show."
Answered Charlie a bit stunned- yet not surprised that TopHat would speak such a line.

"Forgive me Charlie." He said keen not to say 'sorry'. He felt like he had to apologize for a lot and his child was the same way. Like Father like daughter I suppose.

Our Show family here, we all shared the same fear that our proprietor and 'brains behind the operation' had.

The fear of loosing a dear family member and our child.
Madison was everyone else's Circus Child just as much as she was Marcus' child. In fact, Elizabeth had long already taken on the role of being a motherly figure to Maddie. Myself and quite a few others are certain Marcus and Elizabeth had a relationship... or had started one.

"Would anything have happened that might have spooked Maddie? Anything at all? -A flashback or something?"
Said Luther speaking up.

Kenneth looked at Kenzie and her to Kaye which started a domino effect off everyone turning heads to one another.