Chapter XVII🦂Not Part Of The Show

He was the one that made us... he'll be the one to save us

Marcus POV

Elizabeth stood by my side- she was so humble and so good to me and certainly little Maddie.
The ill fitting Taylor Greens had done a bad number on me and my child.
I don't wanna go there....

HERE.

...
"Everything you experienced Maddie: fears, anxiety, not wanting to leave me, nightmares, sleep problems, social withdrawal, hyperactivity and having trouble focusing on one thing at a time... its all linked to the trauma you unfortunately delt with."
He informed me.

I looked up at him.
I gave him the 'this explains a lot' look with my eyes.

"I was not able to be a Father to you. No -Because the outside world... stole you from me."

"I whole heartedly agree."
I followed up.

"Is that why—"
Maddie began, but she looked away from me.
She tried to speak, but didn't want her tears to fall as they peaked at her eyes

"It's alright, Tiger."

"—why I—I..."
Her voice quivered.

"Why you dislike crying?"
I spoke the words for her.

I could see she was reluctant to say anything because of her pain.

"Why your tears fall without a sound or whimper... because you avoid it..." I paused. "Because your mother, Taylor didn't like when you cried?"
I said softly.

My child and I both pushed away Taylor Greens' piercing voice saying roughly:
"She always cries Marcus! I don't know what she wants! She still crying!"

"I know that this is why you were crying. Because Taylor ignored you. She ignored you -her daughter... my daughter, because she didn't want 'commitment' yet, her and I both wanted a child and here you are."

"I appreciate you picking up her slack, Father. Thankyou."

"I appreciate your gratitude Maddie, but don't ever feel like you owe me anything because of your mother's negligence. I always wanted to be a Father and when you were born- when I took you into my arms after your mother handed you to me, it was the greatest moment of my life. I didn't wanna let you go. Maybe something inside me was preparing me for Taylor's reluctance and negligence."
His words settled more in my chest and in the void of my mind than in my ears.

Those vague, yet distinguishable moments rose up. It was like I could still hear Taylor yelling like a rhino with her voice bouncing off the walls...

....
"She always cries, Marcus! I don't know what she wants!"
Mother yelled.

"Did she eat recently?"
Father would always ask, yet he knew she never fed me.

Taylor didn't want any of the responsibilities that came with being a mother.

"No."
Taylor responded coldly.

"So you didn't feed Maddie?!"
Father clarified, but it was more so him getting her to admit that she didn't feed their... HIS child.

-He hoped it might make her aware of her slacking with a new and notably frail human life.

"I thought you would be home!"
Mother retorted at Father.

He blinked to absorb the volume of her voice- she always yelled. At Father... at me.

"Taylor, you can't wait to feed her. She's crying because she's hungry."
He tries to explain hoping him defending me isn't as obvious as he knows it to be. -such so because he cares.
He cares and isn't afraid of commitment.