No...

I woke up to Ivy shaking me awake at 7 something in the fucking morning.

"Can I help you?" I groan with my eyes shut.

"It's almost time for you to go to the sandlot. You gotta get up if you wanna make it." she tells me.

"Why do you care?" I ask, genuinely curious for her answer.

"I know you know about the whole Benny and Evelyn thing so I'll be there for support." she explains her intentions.

I open my eyes slightly, squinting at the sudden exposure to light but still manage to glare at her, knowing full well that she knows I won't need "support".

"Fine. I want to see you act hostile to the wannabe diva but I can't do that if you're still laying in bed." she gives in, raising her voice towards the end of the sentence.

"You're not actually gonna play, are you?" I ask sitting up and swinging my legs over the side of my bed.

"Hell no." she says immediately. "But that doesn't mean I won't have fun."

I give her a short hum in response, not fully awake, and stand up to make my way to my bathroom.

"Remind me to get black out curtains." I mumble loud enough for her to hear.

"Looking on amazon as we speak."

I give her a thumbs up before closing the door to my bathroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we did eventually reach the sandlot, I wasn't completely surprised to find Evelyn here. It's something I'll unfortunately have to get used to. 

But that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Squints spots me and Ivy walking towards the dugout and begins to run at me, Yeah-Yeah following shortly after.

When they do crash into my stomach, I let out a grunt and the harsh contact.

"Guys, you saw me yesterday." I say.

"It's still exciting." Squints defends with a cheerful tone.

"Yeah, yeah! We hardly saw you yesterday anyway."

I give them a quick tired-smile before making them get off me and continuing to walk to the dugout.

"What all did you bring in there?" I ask Ivy in reference to the bag she brought.

"Not too much. Just some portable chargers, flavored water packets with water bottles to go with them. And some chips and stuff for when I get snacky." she hashes it all out.

"Keeping it simple." I remark sarcastically and she nods, going along with the joke. "Hey."

"Hey, Lily!" I hear them greet me in unison.

"Who's Lily?" Evelyn asks with a noticeable look of disgust and anger on her face. Not too far from the one I made when I found out about her romantic involvement with a certain person I used to have a similar relation to.

Mine was more subtle though. For sure.

Everyone ignores her as if she didn't even say anything.

"You finally gonna show us how to do the slide-stand-up?" Timmy asks me hopefully.

"What's that?" Evelyn asks.

Everyone continues to ignore her and I can feel her getting pissed off.

I know why everyone else is ignoring her and all, that much is obvious, but I can't tell why Benny, her own boyfriend, would act as though she doesn't even exist.