Really?

Everything had calmed down about two weeks later.

Me and Benny weren't really talking or anything despite his best efforts.

Is it sort of mean that I chose not to interact with him? Yes, but I only do it cause I know there's a 65% chance that it will build itself up into a fight and I won't be able to look at him in the eyes for 3 days afterwards.

And as far as I'm still aware, him and Evelyn are still very much a thing.

I still haven't figured out what the "that was for you" thing was but I try not to think about it too much so I don't get confused/pissed off for no reason.

One couple I do approve of however is Ivy and Kenny.

They aren't technically dating yet but they seem to get quite friendly with each other when I see them around each other.

When I say "technically dating" I mean I'm manifesting it but there are no signs what so ever of it actually being a thing.

I'm in the kitchen, eating a small something before going to the sandlot. Ivy won't be coming this time but she'll be over later to help me put up those black out curtains she found for me on amazon.

"Can I run something by you?" dad asks me suddenly.

"Depends. Is it drama and if so, will me answering get me involved?" I ask in return.

"No to both."

"Then yeah, alright." I agree.

"So you know your friend, Kenny's, mom, right?"

"Yeah. She's really nice." I tell him.

"I think so too." he agrees. "You know how I told you she's a friend of mine and was a while back?"

"Yes..." I drag out in confusion, not entirely sure where this is going.

"Would it be okay, and don't feel any obligation to be nice, if I asked her out?" he asks cautiously.

I let my mouth hang open in shock, it soon turning into a smile afterwards.

"You got the feels for Taliya?!" I ask happily.

"Well, yeah..." he says, looking down with a shy smile.

I let out a giddy laugh before talking again.

"Do it." I encourage him.

"Really?" he checks.

"Hell yeah! Do. It." I repeat.

"And you're okay with me possibly dating your friends mom?"

"Out of all of my friend's moms, Kenny's is the one I'd prefer you to go out with." I answer seriously.

"Alright." he exhales with a smile. "I'll call her later."

"No, no, no." I say, shaking my head. "Go to her... confess your feelings. Don't do anything drastic but put some effort into it. No woman fantasizes about the guy she likes asking her out over the phone. Those relationships never work out anyway."

"Well, we definitely want this to work out." he admits, showing he understands.

"That's right!" I say, getting up from my seat.

I get my baseball stuff before going to the door and pause on my way there.

"Should I keep quite about this?" I ask dad.

"You mean to Kenny?" he asks and I nod. "Just for today."

"On it!" I say, opening the door. "I'll be back at around 5-ish."