Not Expecting the Unexpected

Yeah-Yeah hits the ball and ran past first and second with ease but just before he's able to touch third, Bertram throws me the ball and I'm able to tag him out.

"Sorry, man." I say.

"Eh, you'll just have to help me get faster." he tells me.

"Sure." I agree. "What's the time, Ham?!" I yell towards home base.

"5:06! We can call it!" he yells back after looking at his phone.

Everybody starts to walk towards the dugout and I grab my hat that I discarded about an hour ago.

"Hey, Lily?" I hear Yeah-Yeah ask.

"Yeah?" I ask in return.

"You mind if I have dinner at yours tonight? Me and my mom got in a fight before I left and I don't wanna go back yet." he explains.

"No, you can come." I tell him. "Fair warning, Kenny and his mom plus Ivy and her parents will be there too."

"Thanks." he says.

"We should probably let her know you'll back late though." I suggest.

"She probably won't notice." he brushes it off.

"Alright."

I really pity the whole the he has with his mom. I don't know where we are on the military school thing but he hasn't said anything to me in a while so I think it's either not happening or she hasn't even told him yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we walk into my house we're greeted with the usual site of everyone gathered around the kitchen island. All the adults with some sort of alcoholic beverage of some kind.

Ivy does kind of look off though.

"Hey, guys." Marisa says to the three of us. "You're Alan, right?"

"Yeah, yeah." he says while nodding.

"We call him Yeah-Yeah." Kenny tells her.

"Hey." dad says to us.

"You don't mind that he eats with us right?" I ask him at a volume only he can here.

"No, it's okay. We usually have extra anyway." he tells me.

I see Kenny and Yeah-Yeah looking through our fridge for drinks and am happy with the fact that Yeah-Yeah isn't uncomfortable. I was slightly worried that he would be just based off his situation at home right now. 

Plus, this is the first time he's been around my dad since we got back. So when he wasn't a dick. I'll admit it takes some time getting used to.

I go over to Ivy just to see what's up with her.

"You good?" I ask her quietly.

Instead of answering with words, she nods quickly before standing up, grabbing my arm, and dragging me to my room.

When we get there she pushes me in and closes the door behind me.

"I'll take that as a no." I mumble to myself. "What's wrong?"

"Okay." I can see her mentally brace herself. "You remember that date I went on like a week ago?"

"Yeah. "It was just for fun"." I mock before I see her all tense. "Right. Not the time to joke. What about it?"

"When you had sex for the first time... did you think it was a big deal?" she asks.

"No, not really." I admit. "As long as there's protection and both people are okay with it, it doesn't need to be. But that's just my opinion. I know it's a big deal for some people."