Hospital-Bound

It's been a few days and we've kind of told everyone about what's going on with the whole "engagement" thing.

It didn't take long for me to realize that that's what Yeah Yeah and Benny were against each other on so I decided to take him out, just the two of us, to find out why he has a problem with it. We agreed that we'd meet at Rino's and have lunch together.

"I'll see you tomorrow!" I yell as I walk towards the exit of V8 (the name of the store I work at).

"Bye!" Florence calls out before I close the door behind me.

She'd definitely become like a cool aunt type person to me. Especially since I've gotten back.

Rino's is only 3 doors down so it took no time at all for me to get there and find Yeah Yeah already sitting in one of the booths by the back wall.

"Hey." I greet as I sit down opposite him.

"Hi." he greets back. "I already got your order in."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's great and I appreciate it but let's shove the damn elephant out of the room." I say.

He only nods so I know I can continue.

"Why weren't you okay with Benny proposing?" I ask.

"It's not that I wasn't okay with him proposing, I want you guys to end up together more than anyone, I just thought it was too soon." he explains. "When he came and asked me if I thought you would say yes I told him I knew you were still 17 at that point. I told him that he should wait until you guys were out of college or could drink or something."

"I mean, we're not even close to doing anything yet." I tell him.

"Yeah, yeah, I know but... I just wanted to look out for you." he says, looking down at the table shyly.

I gently nudge his leg with my foot under the table and regain his attention.

"Thanks, man." I say with a small smile.

He starts smile with his whole face and I stand up from the table.

"Come here." I tell him and he stands up before crashing into me.

"I love you." I hear him mumble into my shoulder. "You're like my big sister."

"Good." I say before we pull away and sit back down.

"Is everything okay now?" I ask.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll stop giving Benny the cold shoulder." he agrees.

"Thank god." I exaggerate the tone.

"You excited for the graduation later today?" he asks me.

"Sure. I do like that I didn't have to wake up early for it." I respond.

The waiter comes over to the table and puts our food down when I feel a buzz in my pocket.

I see that it's Ivy and answer it as Yeah Yeah waists no time in digging in.

"Hey." I say into the phone.

"It's happening." she tells me a little panicked.

"What's that?" I ask confused.

"The baby popped the bubble." she says before a groaning out of pain.

"You sure?" I check. "It could just be Braxton Hicks contractions. You know. False labor and all that."

The only reason I'm having any doubt is that this baby isn't supposed to be happening for another month.

"No ma'am. This is real. There's amniotic fluid all over my bathroom floor if you don't believe me." she says through quick breaths.