The Second First Move

"Do you have mint chocolate bars?!"

"Why would I have those?!"

"Lily has them!"

"We're not at Lily's house, are we?!"

Aweeee.

"They're already fighting like a married couple." I quietly gush to Benny.

"Are married couples supposed to fight?" he asks in a hushed voice.

"Not all of them but I bet they will." I respond.

"They're not even dating."

"I'm manifesting. Don't ruin it." I whisper-scold him.

"Sorry, mi vida."

This dude's known for two days and is already getting confident with the flirting while I'm trying to be mature and give him some time to get over his girlfriend that he didn't never had feelings for in the first place.

What a dick.

"Really?"

"What? You don't like it?"

This bitch ass motherfucker is smirking. He knows I won't say I don't.

I know he'll be able to use whatever say so I simply look in front of me, making him laugh.

We all flocked to Kenny's house to work on our English assignments together.

Our teacher "asked" us to write 500 words about ourselves. Whatever we can think of. Whether it's about our childhood or what weird things give us the icks.

It's not a terrible assignment and I probably wouldn't mind doing it... if it wasn't the first week of school.

"You know the carnival that comes every summer?" Bertram asks me and Benny out of no where. We both nod. "It's coming back in a couple days."

Kenny left to go into the kitchen with Ivy with hopes to find something to satisfy her annoyingly specific cravings. I'm allowed to think that cause it pisses her off too.

"Why?" we ask in unison.

"It says they had "complications with another venue" and decided to come back here for a few weeks." he explains.

"Where you getting this from?" I ask.

"Their Instagram." Bertram answers.

"You follow them on Instagram?" Benny asks, finding it amusing. "I don't even know what they're called."

"Yes, I follow them and it's hilarious. Whatever." Bertram brushes Benny's comments off. "You guys wanna go?"

"On Saturday. I don't want school hanging over my head." I tell him.

"That works. Everyone else should be able to go to." Bertram agrees. "Hey! This could be you guys' second first date."

Thanks for that, man...

Benny looks at me with a smirk, liking the idea.

"No." I stop what he's thinking.

"You don't wanna go on a date with me?" he asks, pretending to be offended.

"With ten third wheels? Sign me up." I remark sarcastically

"That's fair. I'll think of something else." he says in agreement.

I was about to say something when Kenny and Ivy walked back out to join the three of us in the living room. Looking quiet flushed.

Ivy sits on the side of me Benny isn't occupying.

"What happened?" I ask her in a whispered voice.

"I'll tell you later." she says quickly.

I look to Kenny, asking him the same thing with my face and he gives me a 'not now' look.

Me, Benny, and Bertram look at each other with the same confused expressions.

Something happened and we all know it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me and Benny are walking back to our caul-de-sac now after we all finished our projects. 

He walking on the side closest to the street and it's got me feeling giddy.

"What do you think happened?" he asks me.

"I'm trying not to let myself get excited by thinking of the possibilities." I reply. "I'll just ask Ivy tomorrow."

I comfortable silence washes over us but I decide to break it.

"What you said earlier... the whole "I'll figure something out" thing... you don't have to." I tell him.

"What?" he asks confused.

"I just mean... you don't have to be the one to think of something this time." I say, keeping my eyes on the ground.

"But I want to." he tells me with a joking pout.

"You're sure?" I check, looking over to him.

He walks in front of me and stops, making me crash into him before taking a step back.

He notices the distance I put between us and grabs my arms to pull me back into him.

"Let me do it." he says, looking into my eyes.

I see his eyes glance at my lips and he starts to lean in but stops himself, thinking I don't want to.

Who told you that?

He turns away and begins to walk forwards when I pull him back by his arm and bring his lips to my own. He kisses back with no hesitation and one of his arms wrap around my waist while the other hand holds the right side of my face.

I move one of my hands to the back of his head and bring him closer. The other gently grips his wrist of the hand that's on my face.

They way he kisses me make me feel like he's the one controlling everything and my only job is to reciprocate his eagerness. I don't even care. He can do whatever he wants.

After a minute or so, I pull back but keep our foreheads touching.

God, I've missed him...

"You may be the one to plan the date, but I made the first move. Ha ha." I mock with a smile never leaving one our faces.

"I don't care how it happens, I just want you."

And then he closes the small amount of distance between us.