4 Starting Over

Y/n was still tied up against the chair they sat on, quite literally being hand fed pizza. Raphael still didn't trust Y/n and refused to untie them, Mikey on the other hand actually felt a bit guilty so he gave Y/n a slice - though it was a bit difficult at first because Y/n was so unsure of it they tried to avoid the food by squirming around in the chair for like ten minutes.

"How old are you?" Michaelangelo asked just out of curiosity. "Do you come from a different planet?" His eyes practically sparkled at his own question.

Y/n had paused for a moment, avoiding eye contact as they answered in way like they felt ashamed, "I'm 15" They paused again, "yes I did come from a different planet."
Y/n glanced at Donatello, who was playing a game on his phone (or whatever device they all use)

"Awesome! You're the same age as my brother Raph!" He turned his attention to the snapping turtle who was keeping his distance but was obviously keeping an eye on the two.
"You guys might get along then - I'm sure there's something you two could relate to."

Y/n just nodded with a small smile on their faces, but they kept glancing over at the purple loving turtle, and that didn't go unnoticed.

"Is there something you have to announce to the class?"

Y/n jumped as Donatello looked over in their direction. They didn't think their glancing was that obvious.
"I wanted to ask .. do you think you guys can help fix my ship - then I'll be out of your hair ? hair ... metaphorical hair?" They cringed at their own comment.

Though nothing was said about it, the silence didn't help their nerves.
"Oh ho ho! You asked the right turtle for this assignment." Donnie laughed obnoxiously.
"Unlike my dum dum brothers -"

The others groaned at this.
"I'm the genius of the family! Their brains are smaller than peas! I actually took your ship back over here while you were out!"
"Though it was a bit challenging.." he mumbled under his breath.

Y/n gleamed and grinned wide at this.
"So you can fix it?"

"Yes! And to my calculations! It'll take .." he thought for a moment. "Only about a year to fix!"

Y/n's grin immediately fell. "A year?! Why?! I thought you said you were a genius!"

Donnie angrily frowned. "I am a genius. I just need to examine the materials that were used and gain knowledge about what your species might use. Then, I have to figure out how to fix it on my own."

Leonardo was heard snickering in the other room. "She practically called you stupid, brother!" He yelled out.

This is going to take a while, isn't it?

About a month has passed and Y/n showed no violent behavior or any bad intentions so they were left untied - though unknowing that there was a tracker planted on them now, requested to be done surprisingly by Raphael.
In just that month, Y/n was starting to form a small friendship with Michaelangelo, Leo, and Donnie feeling a bit more comfortable around Y/n now - no change going on with Raphael.

Today, the three brothers went on patrol while Raph volunteered to stay back and keep an eye on them.
Mikey gave Y/n a few sheets of paper and crayons, and that's what they were fiddling with at this present time like a toddler.

"You know." Raphael jumped, feeling startled at the sound of Y/n's voice.
"You shouldn't feel so jumpy around me." They looked up at him.
"You're a big guy. It looks like you could probably bite my arm off. I think I should be the one that's scared."

Raph didn't answer for a moment. "But you get it, don't you? You're a random stranger who fell from the sky like a comet. You don't seem violent, but I can't help but feel worried and skeptical."

Y/n smiled softly but looked back down at the paper they were using. "I understand. I think I would be skeptical, too."

There it was again, silence. Though this time, it didn't feel tense or troublesome. This time, it felt almost comfortable but yet, Y/n still wanted a conversation going.

"You're 15, right? I heard from Mikey."
Y/n smiled at Raphael's question.
"That's right."

Silence again. No one knew what to say.

"Hey, Raphael?"

"Yes?"

Y/n looked back at him, making direct eye contact. Their smile fell slightly, but it still felt genuine.
"I think we got off on the wrong foot, and that bothers me a lot. I'm not sure why. But I was wondering if .. we can try to start over?"

Raphael hesitated for a second but nodded. "Yeah .. I think I'd like that."

Y/n reached their hand out towards Raphael, waiting for a handshake, and he did take it.
"Hey, I'm Y/n."

Raph smiled. This is something he can try to get used to.

Sorry if this chapter is kinda lame lmao. I'm working on the next one right now, but it's killing me because I'm practically just copying one of the episodes down, and did I mention it's killing me!

Heavenly Body - Rise!Raph x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें