7 What do you like?

Your POV

Breathe in - 1, 2, 3, 4 - Breathe out. Empty the mind. Let your worries drift away.

"Yo, Y/N!"

The sudden sound made me jump and almost shriek. My eyes were wide now as I looked to the side, seeing the one and only Michaelangelo. "Oh, Mikey! You startled me! I've said not to sneak up on me when I'm meditating!"

He gave me a nervous smile as he put up his hands in defense, "So sorry! I just wanted to know if you were up to playing air hockey with me tonight."

It's been a few months now since I've been staying with the turtles and their rat father. During this time, we were able to fully warm up to each other, and everything was really starting to feel great. No worries about my home planet. No worries about lies.

"Sure! That'd be awesome. I'll meet you in 5!" I gave him a thumbs up before he skedaddled away.

Donnie is astounding, and I could never thank him enough for what he is doing for me. Leo is really fun to be around, even if his jokes are very cheesy. Mikey is great, too. He was the first person to really warm up to me. And then there's Raph. He really scared me at first, but he really isn't that tough.
Something about him felt different, a good different. I'm so comfortable around him, and I'm really glad he seems comfortable to be around me, too. This is starting to feel like a loving home I never had.

Since it seemed I would be staying here for a while, the turtles seemed to have an empty room to spare. It's been a while since I've started using the bedroom, but it was still so grey and undecorated. My room was never decorated back home. I might not be staying here for a long time either. That saddened me.

I stood up from the ground and stretched my muscles, hearing a satisfying crack from my joints.

There was a gentle knock on the doorframe.

Looking to see who it was, my world seemed to feel a bit brighter. "Raph!" Clearing my throat, realizing I sounded way too ecstatic. "What brings you to my humble abode?"

He smiled softly, and suddenly, my shoulders felt lighter. "I was wondering.." he began but paused, and I realized he was fidgeting with his fingers.
"Do you wanna go on the rooftops tonight- alone- and maybe get a pizza? Yknow- a lil hang out with Raph..?"

"Oh.. I promised Mikey we could play air hockey tonight."
For a second, it looked like he deflated, but I think I just imagined it.

"Oh! Oh. That's okay!" He kept a smile on his face, but now it was much smaller than before. Oh, how I couldn't get over how adorable his snaggletooth is.

I moved closer towards him as I gave a reassuring smile. "I promise we can do it another time! I pinky promise!"
I put out my hand in front of him, sticking my pinky out.

He looked down towards his own hand, "I don't know if what I have counts as a pinky finger, but," He grinned and wrapped our fingers together. "You promise?"

"I promise," I gave him a little nod.

"Awhhh!"

The both of us jumped and looked outside of the room in confusion, seeing Leo and Mikey just standing there looking smug though I wouldn't know about what.
"It's alright, Y/N! We can play air hockey another time! You two should so spend more time together." Mikey gave a thumbs up.

"Yeah! Hang out. All alone. Two teenagers left unattended." Leo grinned with pride before being smacked on the back of the head by Raph.
I heard a faint "ouch!" But it didn't wipe his taunting smirk away.

It wasn't too long until Raph and I made our way onto a specific rooftop, one we have gone to over the past few months, of course, making sure not to get caught.

Getting cozy near the edge, Raph following close by. I looked out into New York City, looking at all the colorful lights before my thoughts were suddenly interrupted.

"Raph is really sorry to cut your hangout with Mikey." There was a deep frown on his face, and he continued to talk before I had a chance to respond.
"I want to hang out with you more because our first interactions were not very good." He turned to finally face me, "We decided to start over, but Raph is still guilty."

My face softened and I went to open my mouth to say something and reassure him I didn't have a grudge on him, he stopped me again, "I want to get to know you even more. So please tell Raph."
He grabbed my hands with a gentle touch, and our hands fit so perfectly together, I didn't want to pull away.

"What do you like? Any hobbies?" He gave a nervous but toothy grin, and I couldn't help but return it.

Sorry if my chapters starts feeling lazier and lazier. I stopped feeling any motivation for anything, so I apologize for that. Have a wonderful day / night! ♡