🔞Chapter 20🔞

The moment Alli entered the condo, he was greeted by darkness and deafening quietness...

He felt exhausted... Like all his energy was expended in one go.

Alli quietly went up the stairs to his room. He didn't even bother to turn the lights on, he just took off his jacket and his tie.

Alli allowed himself to fall on the bed like a rag doll. At first he thought that being alone would help, but the quietness and traquility  just allowed his head to wander.

Looking back, Alli's first heartbreak should've been when he was younger. Maybe it was his own fault for not being too social.

Having one's heart broken, when you were older, was not a pleasant feeling. At least not for Alli.

The worst part of it was... He didn't even get his heart broken because of a relationship. His heart got broken on its own.

Being jealous of someone he had no business being jealous with.

Maybe this was also a good sign... because they say when you get your heart broken, it means you can slowly move on and get over it, it is the start of a process. All he needed to do now was get through the pain he was feeling.

But still... Alli wished the world ran differently... He wished things were different.

How would it feel, in a different setting where Ken likes him too?

Alli shook his head, it was impossible...no point wandering on dreamland now.

Alli even thought it would've been much better if he just confessed to Ken earlier and be done with it... instead of prolonging his agony.

Alli curled up in a fetal position on his bed, it somehow made him feel better.

His chest was starting to calm down, if only his head did the same.

He looked at his wrist, he was still wearing the bracelet Ken gave him... He averted his gaze and stared straight into nothingness.

After a while, he closed his eyes, but no matter how hard he tried he couldn't sleep.

Why did his insomnia return now out of all times? He hadn't had insomnia for two years... Now he was going to suffer for the rest of the night. He glanced at his phone; it was only 9:30 pm... Stell would probably be home by early dawn.

Parties were that way... or at least the parties they have attended so far, it would end at early dawn, and because madami pang guests ang gusto makipag conversation sa SB19, they wouldn't be able to leave for a while.

If only mama were here. Alli thought to himself, yung mama nila ni Stell would've known what to do, and known how to comfort him.

Alli heard the door to his room open and close, then the corner lights turned on. The room was still mostly dark, and the corner lights gave the room almost an eerie yellowish glow.

Alli sighed sinabihan na niya si Stell that he was ok, bakit pa ba siya umuwi ng maaga?

When the footsteps stopped beside his bed, Alli sighed and stood up.

"Kuya... I said I was fine..." Alli said, in a scolding manner.

"Ba't kapa umuwi ng maag—" Alli cut off what he was going to say when he saw who it was.

Ken was staring at him, expressionless, but his eyes looked distressed.

He was very disheveled, his coat was gone, the buttons on the cuffs of his white long-sleeves were undone, his necktie was loosened... And his shoulders and chest were heaving from heavy breathing. It was either because he ran on the way here or he was absolutely furious.